The Wand Turntable 9.5" Plus
ABOUT THE WAND
Launched in 2011 The Wand Tonearm picked up several Design Awards and numerous Five Star reviews around the world. The Wand Tonearm® represents a step change in tonearm design. This is not your grandmother’s ‘gramophone’. Its large diameter carbon-fibre arm tube makes it at least four times stiffer than ‘traditional’ arms. It is available in the 9.5in "Plus", 10.3in "S" and the 10.3in "Master".
Features/ Specification:9.5" Tonearm:
- Mount: 222
- Weight: 500g
- Effective Mass: 13g
- Damped que lifter: no
- Arm Lock: No
- Tube vibe. damping: no
- Arm tip hole: no
- Plugs: plated
- Internal wire: cardas
- Spindle: 6mm
- Mounting plate/rest: 2mm SS
- M3 Screws: Phillips chrome
- Armtube: Black carbon fibre
- VTA Adujst: yes
- VIbration sink: N
Model 14-4 (14 inch / 4-layer platter)
- Big diameter 14 inch Smart Platter™.
- Large diameter (360mm) gives 20% more inertia than conventional platter of equivalent mass.
- Four-layer construction of platter damps vibration and noise transfer.
- Acrylic playing surface for vibration transfer from record for increased resolution.
- Screw down clamp with acrylic surface allows record label to be seen.
- German Plywood main structure. Asymmetric shape and internal machining to disperse noise and vibration.
- Zentroidal™ three point suspension system. The centroid of suspension, the stillest point, is close to the playing arc to maximise shock and vibration rejection.
- DC Motor with superb electronic speed control. 33 / 45rpm (& 78 to order).
- Electronic braking for quick record changing.
- Includes 9.5" Wand Tonearm (fitted)
- Swiss custom-made flat belt. This provides dynamic punch while maintaining noise isolation.
- Includes a stylish lid.
- Lid is mechanically outside the playing system
- Designed for cueing the record to the beginning when the lid is down.
- The lid stands upright on its back edge.
- Optional on-board phono stage The Wand EQ Phono Stage is designed by New Zealand’s Pureaudio. Also available as a stand alone unit.
- Optional stand alone support for second arm.
- 12kg (~480mm x 400mm x 120mm, ~19” x 15”3/4 x 5”)
- 100V- 240V AC 50-60Hz supply
- Handmade in Aotearoa / New Zealand