The Wand Turntable 9.5" Plus
Brand The Wand
ABOUT THE WAND
Launched in 2011 The Wand Tonearm picked up several Design Awards and numerous Five Star reviews around the world. The Wand Tonearm® represents a step change in tonearm design. This is not your grandmother’s ‘gramophone’. Its large diameter carbon-fibre arm tube makes it at least four times stiffer than ‘traditional’ arms. It is available in the 9.5in "Plus", 10.3in "S" and the 10.3in "Master".
Features/ Specification:9.5" Tonearm:
- Mount: 222
- Weight: 500g
- Effective Mass: 13g
- Damped que lifter: no
- Arm Lock: No
- Tube vibe. damping: no
- Arm tip hole: no
- Plugs: plated
- Internal wire: cardas
- Spindle: 6mm
- Mounting plate/rest: 2mm SS
- M3 Screws: Phillips chrome
- Armtube: Black carbon fibre
- VTA Adujst: yes
- VIbration sink: N
Model 14-4 (14 inch / 4-layer platter)
- Big diameter 14 inch Smart Platter™.
- Large diameter (360mm) gives 20% more inertia than conventional platter of equivalent mass.
- Four-layer construction of platter damps vibration and noise transfer.
- Acrylic playing surface for vibration transfer from record for increased resolution.
- Screw down clamp with acrylic surface allows record label to be seen.
- German Plywood main structure. Asymmetric shape and internal machining to disperse noise and vibration.
- Zentroidal™ three point suspension system. The centroid of suspension, the stillest point, is close to the playing arc to maximise shock and vibration rejection.
- DC Motor with superb electronic speed control. 33 / 45rpm (& 78 to order).
- Electronic braking for quick record changing.
- Includes 9.5" Wand Tonearm (fitted)
- Swiss custom-made flat belt. This provides dynamic punch while maintaining noise isolation.
- Includes a stylish lid.
- Lid is mechanically outside the playing system
- Designed for cueing the record to the beginning when the lid is down.
- The lid stands upright on its back edge.
- Optional on-board phono stage The Wand EQ Phono Stage is designed by New Zealand’s Pureaudio. Also available as a stand alone unit.
- Optional stand alone support for second arm.
- 12kg (~480mm x 400mm x 120mm, ~19” x 15”3/4 x 5”)
- 100V- 240V AC 50-60Hz supply
- Handmade in Aotearoa / New Zealand