SVS Prime Bookshelf Speakers Pair
Standing out among the crowd of bookshelf speakers is no easy task, yet the Prime Bookshelf defies convention to outperform reference monitors costing twice as much or more. Every aspect of the Prime Bookshelf speaker was designed for sonic excellence. From the premium grade driver and sophisticated SoundMatch crossover to the extra-thick baffle, internal bracing, and FEA optimized tweeter diffuser, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s design and engineering credentials put it in the realm of much costlier, and much larger speakers.
Prime Driver & Tweeter Design
Thoughtfully designed for acoustic excellence, the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 6.5-inch woofer is mounted in its own dedicated and completely sealed compartment to ensure smooth, precise and clear midrange and bass output that’s free from coloration. The cone material is extremely light and rigid and maintains a flat frequency response with excellent handling across the foundational mid-range frequencies. Low frequency extension is shockingly deep and effortless considering the cabinet size and the Prime Bookshelf speaker can hit reference volume with amazing clarity, no distortion and headroom to spare.
The Prime Bookshelf speaker’s 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter is light, efficient, and rigid, and plays crystal clear at high volumes. The clarity offers a sense of utter transparency, while offering an ‘airy’ presentation and incredibly unveiled highs so female vocals and dialogue and high pitched sound effects and musical content always sound crisp, smooth and natural.
Innovative SoundMatch Crossover Design
Since premium drivers require an equally capable crossover, no expense was spared with the innovative SVS SoundMatch 2-way crossover. Its tapered array is designed to minimize the potential for beaming. This creates an expansive, yet focused and precise soundstage, with accurate frequency response at all listening positions in the room. The precise tuning of the SoundMatch Crossover also ensures pinpoint accuracy of highs, mids, and lows, while maintaining pristine signal purity.
Performance Driven Cabinet Design and Geometry
Tapered edges on the Prime Bookshelf speaker’s front baffle, known as chamfers, minimize edge diffraction for clear and precise soundstaging. The cabinet’s presence offers a modern industrial feel with acoustic enhancements like shorting rings and a tweeter diffuser which add performance-driven style. All advancements are packed into a compact but attractive cabinet, that’s easily mountable anywhere, and available in stunning piano gloss black or premium black ash finish.
SVS Speaker Design Philosophy
Frequency Response / Acoustic Data:
- Rated bandwidth: 48 Hz-25 kHz (±3 dB)
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms.
- Sensitivity: 87 dB (2.83V @ 1 meter full-space, 300-3kHz)
- Recommended amplifier power: 20-150 watts.
- Bookshelf Loudspeaker
- Black ash and piano gloss black finish options
- 5-way binding posts
- 1.7” wide-flared rear-firing port
- Cloth grille with pin/cup retention system
- Elastomer stick-on bumper feet (adds 3mm to height)
- Cabinet Dimensions: 13.2" (H) X 8" (W) X 9.7" (D)
- Overall Dimensions: 13.3" (H) X 8" (W) X 10.3" (D) (includes grille and bumper feet)
- Shipped Dimensions-2 Pack: 17.6" (H) X 22.4" (W) X 14.4” (D)
- Weight: 15.5 pounds
- Shipped Weight-2 Pack: 34.7 pounds
1” Aluminum Dome Tweeter:
- FEA-optimized diffuser for airy and unveiled presentation
- Aluminum dome for exceptional transient response
- Long stroke motor and suspension for high output
- Polypropylene cone for excellent stiffness/mass ratio and pistonic behavior
- Aluminum shorting ring to reduce gap inductance, lower distortion, and enhance high frequency response
- Cast ABS-fiberglass composite basket ensures precision component alignment and excellent thermal transfer
- Vented voice coil former minimizes air compression artifacts
Crossover & Cabinet Specs:
- 2-way crossover with premium-grade capacitors, air-core inductors and heavy-trace printed circuit boards
- Crossover network delivers outstanding phase coherency and time domain behavior
- Tweeter-to-woofer crossover: 2.3 kHz (12 dB/octave slopes)
- Acoustically transparent and FEA optimized grilles minimize diffraction
- FEA-optimized cabinet and bracing eliminates resonances
- Chamfered front baffle and flush-mounted drivers reduce edge diffraction and improved on-axis high frequency response