SVS 4000 Series subwoofers demolish all preconceived notions about subwoofer performance and technology by unleashing reference caliber bass at a breakthrough value. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group, the 4000 Series obliterate expectations and deliver a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS. Earth-shaking SPLs, jaw-dropping deep bass extension, pinpoint control and accuracy with sophisticated control; all the hallmarks of a reference subwoofer are embodied in the SVS 4000 Series.
PB4000 Ultra – Bottomless Low Frequency Extension & Massive Output with Pinpoint Control & Accuracy.
The PB-4000 subwoofer thrills action movie fans and audiophiles with staggering output and subterranean deep bass extension down to 13Hz with an amazing degree of subtlety and finesse. A high-excursion 13.5-inch driver and 1,200 watts RMS, 4,000+ watts peak power amplifier with Analog Devices most advanced audio DSP enables variable port tuning and unlocks a smartphone app with advanced DSP and custom presets for precise and convenient tuning
The SVS PB-4000 combines seismic power and fathomless low frequency extension you can feel with refinement and musicality that suspends your sense of disbelief. With trickle down technology from the 16-Ultra Series, named top subwoofers in the world by nearly every audio publication and industry group in 2017, the PB-4000 crushes expectations and delivers a level of unrivaled subwoofer performance only available from SVS.
High-Excursion SVS Driver – Legendary SVS Output and Control
The PB-4000 subwoofer delivers on the full potential of the Sledge STA-1200D amplifier’s power with precision and control to produce room energizing SPLs and effortless low frequency extension with pinpoint accuracy at all drive levels.
- Dual ferrite magnet motor assembly weighing nearly 40lbs generates immense magnetic force and excursion of the 13.5-inch driver to produce massive low frequency output well below the limits of human hearing.
- Edge wound voice coil with eight-layer aluminium flat wire minimizes distortion and power compression while providing excellent heat dissipation and linearity ensuring precise control.
- Lightweight and rigid composite cone with premium glass fiber dustcap generate massive output with pinpoint accurate frequency response.
- Proprietary injection moulded gasket and long-throw parabolic surround ensure longevity and allow extreme excursion and SPLs.
Sledge Amplifier – Massive Output, Sophisticated DSP, Advanced Power Management
Rated conservatively at 1,200 watts RMS, and 4,000+ watts peak power, the PB-4000 Sledge STA-1200D amplifier uses an efficient Class D design combined with fully discrete MOSFET output and a sophisticated Analog Devices DSP engine. The result is a level of effortless power and advanced processing not available from any other powered subwoofer manufacturer.
High Current Output of Fully Discrete MOSFETs with Efficiency of Class D Amplifier
Efficiency of a Class D amplifier with the ability to move massive amounts of current through the fully discrete MOSFETs enabling immense output and precise control for outstanding real-world subwoofer performance at all drive levels.
Sophisticated 50Mhz High Resolution Analog Devices Audio DSP
Most advanced digital processor ever used in a subwoofer maintains pinpoint accuracy and pristine sound quality through advanced in-room tuning, optimised frequency response curves, powerful DSP controls and more.
Active Power Factor Correction (PFC) & Ground Loop Isolation
Serves as a line conditioner, surge suppressor and voltage regulator letting the amplifier deal with wide voltage fluctuations and ensuring the subwoofers operate flawlessly on any household circuit no matter how unstable the incoming current. An isolated circuit creates a vanishingly low noise floor by eliminating the potential for ground loop hums from outside components resulting in absolute sonic transparency.
Acoustically Inert and Rigidly Braced Sealed Box Cabinet Design
Inlaid front panel display, rounded edges and a curved metal grille on the sealed box PB-4000 cabinet give it a refined yet commanding look that blends visually with home theaters and high-end audio systems. It’s sealed cabinet design results in tighter, more musical bass and make it significantly more compact than ported box subwoofers with similar specs.
- Double thick 2-inch MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment.
- Highly reinforced internal design and acoustic insulation eliminates all coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference volume.
- Protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille and custom elastomer feet for reducing noise artefacts within a room.
PB-4000 Smartphone App – Easiest Way Ever to Manage Subwoofer DSP and Control
Groundbreaking smartphone app works with Apple iOS® and Android® devices to unleash the full depth, force and nuance of the PB-4000 powered subwoofer by controlling all DSP functions including: volume, parametric EQ, low pass filter, phase, polarity, room gain, port tuning, custom presets and system settings.
- Connects via Bluetooth for convenient control even when subwoofer is out of sight.
- 3-band parametric EQ controller allows precise adjustments for frequency slope and Q factor down to the single Hz level with four different slopes, so users can improve performance by eliminating peaks, nulls and other room issues.
- Stores 3 custom presets for movies, music and other listening experiences such as sports or gaming.
- 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface
Premium Finishes, Handsome Styling, Versatile Placement Options, Easy Room Integration
Available in premium real wood veneer black oak or stunning piano-gloss black, and protected by an attractive and durable curved metal grille – the handsomely styled PB4000-Ultra will complement any upscale décor and high-end theatres. At just over 17" on all sides, the PB13-Ultra offers versatile placement options and easily integrates into your living space. Weighing in at 92 pounds, the PB4000-Ultra is robustly built with extra-thick CNC cut panels for the ultimate in rigid and resonance-free construction.
- Premium real black oak veneer or gorgeous piano gloss black finish options.
- Handsome styling complements upscale décors.
- Versatile placement options and easy integration into any living space.
- Premium Black Ash and Piano Gloss Black finish options
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Front-firing 13.5" driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density fibreboard(MDF) cabinet construction
- Cabinet Dimensions (without grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 27.7” (704mm) D
- Cabinet Dimensions (with grille): 23.4” (595mm) H X 20.5” (520mm) W X 30” (763mm) D
- Shipped Dimensions: 29.1” (738mm) H X 26” (661mm) W X 36” (915mm) D
- Weight (unboxed): 153.2 lbs. (69.5 kg)
- Shipped Weight: 172.4lbs (78.2kg)
- High-performance SVS 4000 Series Subwoofer Driver - optimised for sealed cabinet design.
- Proprietary 13.5” Driver with finely tuned Overhung Motor Configuration
- 43lb (19.5kg) pound Woofer with 37.7lb (17.1kg) pounds for the motor
- Overhung 52mm Xmax, 76.2mm Xmech precision aligned excursion
- 8-layer aluminium flat wire edge wound 3” voice coil for ultra-low distortion, efficient heat dissipation, exceptional linearity and nearly zero power compression.
- Two massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets generate unparalleled levels of magnetic force to drive the highest levels of excursion, SPL, and start/go power for the deepest and most authoritative bass possible.
- All-new High density FEA-optimised cast aluminium basket provides unequaled levels of rigidity, tensile strength, and energy transference available from a subwoofer.
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads woven through the suspension provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil.
- Premium glass fibre laminated dustcap and reinforced and vented paper-composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface.
- Precision machined motor elements and narrow tolerance suspension parts produce unmatched linearity at full excursion for exceptionally tight and fast output, even at reference volumes.
- Extreme oversized low carbon vented steel U-yoke and top plate provide superior cooling and improved magnetics for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Copper ring shorting sleeve reduces gap induction and distortion, enhances thermal conductivity
- Nickle-plated high-tension spring terminals
- Proprietary injection moulded gasket and parabolic PBR extreme-excursion surround maintains ideal pistonic motion for pinpoint accuracy and control
- Low carbon 1008 steel components with black electrophoresis plating
- Massively powerful Sledge 1,200-watt continuous Class D design with 4,000+ watts of Peak Power.
- Unmatched intelligence from user adjustable low pass, phase, polarity and room gain compensation with three parametric EQs and port tuning (Ported models only) for absolute best alignment with speakers and optimised performance in any room.
- Groundbreaking SVS Bluetooth DSP control app for iOS and Android devices with three user presets allow custom tuning for every room and system.
- High efficiency cool-running Class D switching topology with massive 32 Amp 600 Volt MOSFET’s result in lower EMI and highest efficiency while providing effortless power to produce SPLs and low frequency output with pristine clarity well beyond reference listening levels.
- High resolution 50Mhz Analogue Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction.
- 100v-240v full range input active Power Factor Correction (PFC) pre-regulates mains to solid 360V DC regardless of mains voltage or quality so the sound quality never falters no matter what’s coming out of the wall
- Active PFC lowers average current and smooths mains input current allowing for 1200W output from a standard 15A mains circuit.
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications.
- Convenient front-mounted display featuring new Intelligent Feature Control (IFC) with bright blue dimmable/defeatable 8-digit LED front display.
- Custom EQ and DSP limiter settings tuned specifically for the PB-4000 ported cabinet design.
- Auto/On and 3-30V AC/DC trigger for Maximum Installation Convenience.
- Input impedance 22kohm (unbalanced RCA)/ 22kohm (balanced XLR).
- Green 0.5-watt low standby power consumption
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction, world-wide safety certifications
SVS App Specs:
- The most powerful and flexible Bluetooth controlled subwoofer DSP app, works with both iOS and Android operating systems.
- Easiest and most convenient way to adjust crossover frequencies, parametric EQ, polarity, room gain and all other bass management functions.
- Three convenient custom presets allow for perfect tuning in any room or system, from your favorite seat.
- Single tap adjustment for controlling variable port tuning with standard, extended and sealed modes.
- Unique bidirectional feedback shows adjustments in real time on both app and subwoofer interface.
- Easy-to-follow tutorial provides clear guidance for all functions.
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grill
- IR remote control
- Elastomer feet included
- Extra heavy-duty, high current 6' power cord
- PB-4000 Subwoofer Manual
- Quick Start Guide