Rotel RB-1590 Stereo Power Amplifier
Power - refined, detailed, and plenty of it. Rotel's new Class AB stereo power amplifier is rated at 350 Watts per channel into 8 ohms, both channels driven. That is a lot of power, but larger listening rooms or less sensitive loudspeaker designs require it to bring out the best possible performance and attain realistic audio dynamics.
The impressive capabilities of this amplifier begin with a solid foundation consisting of twin, massive toroidal transformers custom-made by Rotel. These transformers are just part of a rock-solid power supply that includes eight special British made BHC capacitors, known for their low loss and quick response times. These components will continue to supply all of the voltage and current requirements needed, even under the most difficult load conditions.
But power unrefined has never been a Rotel design goal. Every aspect of circuit design has been carefully considered and each component has been rigorously selected after extensive listening sessions. The circuit topography has been laid out in a true monoblock design ensuring maximum signal separation and improved stereo imaging.
Features include: XLR balanced and RCA input connections, two pairs of 5-way speaker binding posts, 12-volt trigger control, thermal protection circuitry, dual staged power-on relay to reduce surge current and extend longevity, and a detachable IEC power cord all in a 5U chassis with rack ears included.
- Model RB-1590
- Continuous Power Output (20 - 20kHz, <0.03%, 8 ohms) 350 watts/channel
- Total Harmonic Distortion (20Hz - 20kHz, 8 ohms) <0.03%
- Intermodulation Distortion (60Hz : 7kHz, 4 : 1) <0.03%
- Frequency Response (±0.5 dB) 10Hz - 100kHz
- Damping Factor (1kHz, 8 ohms) 300
- Speaker Impedance 4 ohms minimum
- Signal to Noise Ratio (A weighting) 120 dB
- Channel Separation >64 dB
- Unbalance 12k ohms / 2.2 V
- Balance 100k ohms / 3.5 V
- Unbalance 27.5 dB (±0.5 dB)
- Balance 23.5 dB (±0.5 dB)
- USA 120 volts, 60 Hz
- EC 230 volts, 50 Hz
- Power Consumption 800 watts
- Standby < 0.5 watts
- BTU (4 ohms, 1/8th power) 2100 BTU/h
- Dimensions (W x H x D) 431 x 237 x 454mm / 17 x 9 3/8 x 17 7/8 in
- Front Panel Height 5U / 221mm / 8 3/4 in
- Weight (net) 38.1kg, 84 lb