Rega Aphelion 2
Aphelion 2 is the 4th generation of Rega's unique handmade moving coil cartridges.Taking the technology developed from the original Aphelion and the latest Apheta 3 to the next level, our engineers have now fine-tuned every aspect of the original designs.
Aphelion 2 features a boron rod cantilever now fitted with our most advanced "fine line type" nude diamond profile, combined with a super high-powered neodymium magnet and a coil meticulously hand wound on an iron micro cross. The weight reduction of the generator allows us greater freedom to track the vinyl groove ensuring even more detail is extracted from the vinyl.The Aphelion 2 is housed within a single piece, aluminium black anodised body and protected by a CAD designed, clear rigid cover to protect the internal fine wires, making handling whilst fitting, safe and risk free.
- Tracking Pressure 1.9 g
- Input load impedance 100 ohms
- Output impedance 10 ohms
- Nominal output voltage 350μV
- Channel Balance : ≥ 10μV
- Separation : ≥ -29dB
- Mass 6g
- Key Features :
- Graded zero tolerance black anodised aluminium body
- Boron rod cantilever
- 'Fine Line Type' profile, nude diamond stylus
- Iron micro cross & coil assembly making one of the worlds smallest MC generators.
- Worlds most powerful minaturised neodymium magnet.
- High specification fine wire 0.018mm
- Load settings for adjustable MC stages
- Impedance -100ohm
- Capacitance - 1000pF
- Gain setting - High ('On' position for Rega phono stages )