Ortofon 2MR 78 Moving Magnet Cartridge (for Rega turntables)
Journey back in time with the 2MR 78 Mono Cartridge, specially designed for playing 78 rpm shellac records. Immerse yourself in the authentic nostalgia of mono vinyl records, brought to life with unparalleled precision and fidelity.
The 2MR 78 features a specially designed cartridge housing tailored for turntables and tonearms like Rega, matching their requirement for low-form factor cartridges. With its narrow cartridge housing, it seamlessly integrates without a need for modifications or spacers under the tonearm, enabling quick and easy mounting with just two screws.
Premium and high-end low form factor cartridges for use on turntables like Rega
Newly developed low form factor cartridge housing within the famous 2M series:
- Slimline cartridge body - Effectively eliminates the need for tonearm spacers, shims or modifications
- 100% compatibility with the 2M styli - All Ortofon 2M styli fits on all 2MR cartridge models
- Standard half inch mounting - Quick and easy mounting on the tonearms with just two screws
- A complete series ranging from Mono to Premium: 2MR Red to High-end: 2MR Black LVB 250
- Spherical R65μm diamond on an aluminium cantilever with a Premium Ortofon rubber damper
- Quad coil motor system with four strapped copper coils and four split pole pins
- A cartridge perfect for playback of 78rpm records.
Output voltage at 1 kHz, 5cm/sec
Frequency response 20 Hz - 10 kHz
Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force
Compliance, dynamic, lateral
Stylus tip radius
Tracking force range
Tracking force, recommended
Internal impedance, DC resistance
Reccomended load resistance
Recommended load capacitance