Meze Audio Elite Headphones
We've been big fans of everything Meze has been doing over the last couple of years and the new "Elite" headphones are no exception except that they are exceptional! If you've been lucky enough to hear the Meze Empyreans these are the next step and a clear one. Omer has our store demo pair at home with him right now and I doubt he's going to be bringing them back anytime soon! Another big tick for me on these ones is that there is a "vegan" option available on request so don't forget to ask.
The Sound of Pure Emotion
Combining an exclusive aesthetic with state-of-the-art engineering, ELITE delivers an accurate, authentic listening experience ready to meet the highest expectations of the proficient audiophile.
"With ELITE, we've created something that transcends all barriers of headphone design and engineering and moves to a new, artistic, graceful level. Following in the footsteps of a successful partnership, together with Rinaro Isodynamics we managed to exceed our expectations once again and create something for the ages. It’s not mass production; it’s the craftsmanship that sparks the magic and wonder in ELITE, what makes it exciting, and these are values that we choose over any shortcuts.”
Lead Designer and Founder of Meze Audio
Total harmonic distortion (THD) measures under 0.05% in the whole frequency range.
75g combined driver weight designed to create a headphone that offers prolonged listening sessions.
ULTRA HIGH RESOLUTION AUDIO
Upper frequency limit of audio reproduction is 112,000 Hz.
RINARO PARUS® DIAPHRAGM
An innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm constructed on an ultrathin biaxially oriented semi-crystalline film.
EASY TO DRIVE
101db@1mw/1kHz; 32Ohm; can be driven by almost any source without the need for amplification.
PATENTED ISODYNAMIC HYBRID ARRAY TECHNOLOGY
One of the most sophisticated and advanced planar magnetic technologies in the world.
- Driver Type - Rinaro Isodynamic Hybrid Array®
- Operating Principle - Open
- Ear Coupling - Circumaural
- Frequency Response - 3-112,000 Hz
- Impedance - 32 Ω
- Nominal SPL - 101 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
- Maximum SPL - > 130 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) - <0.05%
- Weight - ~430 g
MZ3 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
- Geometrical Shape - Ovoid
- Size - 102 mm x 73 mm
- Driver Weight - 75 g
- Casing - Fibreglass reinforced polymer
- Diaphragm Type - Rinaro Parus® [MZ3SE]
- Active Area - 4650 mm2
- Diaphragm Weight - 0.011 g
- Acoustic Mass - 7.5 kg/m4
- Lower Frequency Limit - 3 Hz
- Upper-Frequency Limit - 112,000 Hz
- Case: High-strength aluminum suitcase with foam inserts
- Two sets of earpads included: one Alcantara®, one HYBRID (Perforated Alcantara® Interior + Real Leather Exterior)
- Cable options:
- 2.5m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 6.3 jack connector or
- 1.2m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 3.5 jack connector or
- 2.5m OFC cable, 4pin mini XLR plugs ending with 4 pin XLR connector
- - Warranty period: 2 years