Encel Gelati Bookshelf Speakers Pair
Encel Speakers For a New Generation
Back in 1958, at the age of only 24, Alex Encel set about building locally-made stereo systems for Australians. Over half a century has passed since Alex built his first pair of speakers by hand here in Melbourne, and now that tradition continues with a colourful range of bookshelf speakers: Gelati.
- 5" woven Kevlar bass cone in a driver that is mounted to a high-power magnet and advanced motor system
- 1" soft dome tweeter, driven by a ferrite magnet system with a carefully constructed waveguide around the fabric dome for optimal dispersion
- Rear ported design for deep, articulate and well-integrated bass
- Locally-modelled crossover, designed with advanced computer software and refined through extensive listening tests
- Available in a range of colourful finishes and further customisable with a colourful selection of grilles
Your Music, Your Flavour
Encel Gelati are made in a number of uniquely flavoured lacquer and woodgrain cabinets like Birch Black, Vanilla, Caramel Walnut, and Pistachio.
They’re adaptable to the surrounds of your listening space, with 12 delicious magnetic grilles on offer in shades like Eucalyptus Green, Ocean Blue, Lemon Yellow and Coffee Brown. Swapping them out takes seconds, allowing you to choose and change your speakers' appearance. Gelati don't come with grilles as standard, allowing you to personalise their look.
Designed in Melbourne
Gelati were tuned based on extensive listening tests here in Melbourne by the Encel team, and we’re thrilled with an overall balance that makes them musically dexterous across a number of genres. They confidently serve up sweet highs, decadent mids, and a low-end dripping with punch and authority. Gelati are packaged with a minimum of disposable materials and manuals.
A defining trait of the Encel brand is artistic collaboration, with Melbourne-based illustrator Alice Oehr designing the Gelati’s cardboard packaging. And of course, Gelati are manufactured with sturdy, durable materials like MDF and kevlar, meaning their gift of great music will continue for years down the line.
Alex founded the Encel brand with the aspiration of making beautiful music systems affordable. His evangelical yet egalitarian approach to audio endures in the brand today.
|Recommended Power||25-100W RMS watts|
|Frequency Response||50Hz - 20kHz|
|Tweeter||1" soft dome|
|Woofer(s)||5" Kevlar cone|
|Crossover Frequency||3.00 kHz|