Van Den Hul "The Bay" C5 RCA Cables
Brand Van Den Hul
THE BAY C5 HYBRID (HALOGEN FREE)
Due to the large success of our (discontinued) The PATCHBAY B5 in its use as a general purpose audio interconnect, we have introduced The BAY C5 HYBRID: The coaxial (unbalanced) HYBRID version of our balanced T.
Low priced and exhibiting an excellent price-to-performance ratio The BAY C5 HYBRID has been specially designed for general purpose and car hi-fi interlink applications. The BAY C5 HYBRID however is also perfectly suited for internal (pre)amplifier and mixing console wiring applications and as an unbalanced patchbay interconnect.
The design combination of a superior transmission quality, a low conductor-conductor capacitance, a very high screening factor together with a high mechanical flexibility and a long durability, though not being easy to manage, successfully has been achieved.
The high quality conductor material used in this cable is large crystal OFC with a dense silver coating.
The BAY C5 HYBRID furthermore has been fully equipped with Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) saturated layers which are standard in our more expensive cable products. These layers dramatically improve transparancy and imaging; By electrically bridging any metal cystal defects a stable conductivity at the lowest signal levels is obtained.
- The coaxial construction is made with a center conductor consisting of 40 x 0.12 mm. strands exhibiting an effective cross section area of 0.452 mm² (AWG 20.6) and a resistance of 3.8 Ohm/100 meter.
- The center conductor is coated with a layer of LSC and is insulated with foamed polyethylene.
- The cable capacitance is 110 pF/m.
- The double screen is made of a 16 x 6 x 0.12 mm. stranded braid with underneath a Linear Structured Carbon ® saturated layer to further close the cable against HF signals and to dramatically improve the signal quality.
- The total resistance of the screen is 1.6 Ohm/100 meter.
- The external 5.2 mm. diameter jacket is made of red colored HULLIFLEX ® 4, a material with superior properties compared to e.g. PVC; HULLIFLEX ® gives The BAY C5 HYBRID a very long life span without any ageing effects.