Van Den Hul "The MC Silver" IT 65G RCA Cables
Brand Van Den Hul
For a lot of audio freaks, our MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial is just a dream product but too expensive and not everywhere available for listening. To make life somewhat easier for our audio friends we have therefore introduced the MC - SILVER IT 65 G, a slimline version of our MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial. The MC - SILVER IT 65 G is a 65 GHz. bandwidth cable with the same superior audio qualities as found with the MC - SILVER IT Mk II Coaxial, though at around half the price.
With the MC - SILVER IT 65 G all production handling is done with extreme care and maximum attention is paid to maintain a very constant characteristic impedance along the whole cable, as well as in the micro domain, to prevent signal reflections even up to very high frequencies.
- The centre lead consists of 19 extreme high grade Matched Crystal (MC) extruded OFC strands with a very thick and dense extruded Matched Crystal (MC) purest silver coating applied in a mechanical processing step.
- The diameter of this centre conductor is: 1.4 mm. and the cross-section area is 1.17 mm². The centre lead resistance is a remarkably low: 1.43 Ohm/100 m..
- The typical capacitance is: 83 pF/meter.
- The insulation between core and shielding is made of Teflon tape in several layers exhibiting a typically low relative dielectric constant of 1.4.
- The double shielding is made of a 96 x 0.10 mm. Matched Crystal (MC) OFC wire braiding with a very thick and dense coating of very pure silver with underneath a helically overlapping wound very pure 2.5 x 0.05 mm. silver ribbon.
- The external insulation is made of the special HULLIFLEX ® EHD material. This specific insulation material is too costly to be used in all our products.
MC - SILVER IT 65 G exhibits an extremely extended frequency range of 65 GigaHertz.
Precautions must be taken to prevent bending around a very small radius. The minimum safe value of the bending radius is 58 mm. The external diameter of the MC - SILVER IT 65 G is: 5.8 mm.; a size that perfectly matches our 5.5 mm gold RCA connector.