Van Den Hul "D-300iii" Hybrid RCA Cables
Brand Van Den Hul
THE D - 300 III HYBRID (HALOGEN FREE)
After the success of the original D - 300, there was demand to make some improvements in the original design. So the D - 300 III HYBRID was born.
The main items are:
- The cable is a Hybrid which combines highest quality metal with our Linear Structured Carbon ® (LSC) technology.
- Under the shielding one now finds an additional LSC saturated layer to further close the cable against HF signals and to dramatically improve the signal quality.
- Furthermore, an extra LSC saturated layer is applied around the centre conductor, this again to improve signal quality and resolution.
- Also the internal insulation is more flexible; the material used now is polyethylene-foam with another advantage: reduced capacitance between the signal line and the shielding.
- The expanding gas for the foam is completely inert: Nitrogen.
Oxidation of the centre-conductor or the braiding is therefore nearly impossible.
- The density of the conductor strands’ very pure silver coating is improved both on the central signal line and the shielding braid.
- The material used for this jacket is our HULLIFLEX ®.
- The electrical and sonic properties are remarkable.
- The resistance of the centre-wire is 2.71 Ohm/100 meter and the shielding presents 1.36 Ohm/100 meter.
- The internal capacitance is 95 pF/meter.
- The characteristic impedance is 75 Ohm.
- The external dimensions are nearly equal to the original D - 300: 5.65 mm.
The D - 300 III HYBRID’s frequency range is very extended and its low level signal handling is remarkably good.