The perfect choice for any theatre room
2,200 lumens of brightness powerfully deliver stunning clarity, achieving an extraordinary level of picture performance even in larger home cinema rooms. You’ll experience frame by frame optimised HDR through the X1™ for projector processing creating fabulously rich cinematic colors, smooth motion and spectacular contrast.
X1™ for projector
Our X1™ for projector technology takes our acclaimed BRAVIA TV video processing technology and optimises it for projection. The processor combines innovative technologies for high-precision frame analysis, with features like Dynamic HDR Enhancer and Super Resolution for high-quality images.
Dynamic HDR Enhancer
Our Dynamic HDR Enhancer processes HDR content frame by frame to deliver stunning contrast. It further enhances contrast in combination with iris and laser light output, which makes bright scenes brighter and dark scenes darker, for the ultimate HDR experience.
Corner-to-corner sharpness with the ARC-F lens
For pristine image quality across the entire screen, the VPL-VW890ES features an All-Range Crisp Focus (ARC-F) lens. This large-aperture lens adopts an all-glass design for its 18 elements, including six extra low-dispersion (ELD) elements. This ensures optimal convergence of the red, green and blue primaries even at the extreme edges of the image for a clear and vivid image wherever you look.
SXRD™ for uncompromising picture quality
Our advanced SXRD panel technology offers rich, inky blacks and clear cinematic motion and image smoothness. High heat and light resistance also ensures spectacularly high and stable brightness.
2,200lm Z-Phosphor™ laser light source
Savour the action with up to 2,200 lumens of brightness, thanks our Z-phosphor laser light source, for vibrant images even on a large screen.
Dual Contrast Control
Both the iris control and laser can be adjusted independently and dynamically, to optimise light output for dark and high contrast scenes. The result is deeper blacks and infinite dynamic contrast, making every scene spring to life with detail and realism.
Super Resolution Reality Creation
The VPL-VW890ES analyses every pixel of every image and then employs pattern-matching algorithms developed over years of movie production to enhance crispness without increasing digital picture noise.
Digital Focus Optimiser
Again, each pixel of each image is analysed using our own advanced algorithm to perform optimum image quality correction so that image focus is better than ever, even in the corners.
Our Motionflow technology adds frames to reduce blur while maintaining brightness, creating smooth and clear motion even in 4K – ideal for sport
- Design: Native 4K Laser Projector
- Display System: 4K SXRD Panel, Projection System
- Display Device
- Size Of Effective Display Area: 0.74” x 3
- Number Of Pixels: 26,542,080 (4096 x 2160 x 3) pixels
- Projection Lens
- Focus: Powered
- Zoom: Powered
- Lens Shift
- VPLL-Z7013 (Bundled): Powered V ± 80%, H ± 31%
- VPLL-Z7008 (Optional): Powered V ± 50%, H ± 18%
- Throw Ratio
- VPLL-Z7013 (Bundled): 1.35 to 2.90:1
- VPLL-Z7008 (Optional): 0.85:1 to 1.06:1
- Light Source: Laser Diode
- Light Output: 2,200 lumens
- Colour Light Output: 2,200 lumens
- Dynamic Contrast: ∞:1
- Accepted Digital Signals: 720x576/50p, 720x480/60p, 1280x720/50p, 1280x720/60p, 1920x1080/50i, 1920x1080/60i, 1920x1080/24p, 1920x1080/50p, 1920x1080/60p, 3840 x 2160/24p, 3840 x 2160/25p, 3840 x 2160/30p, 3840x2160/50p, 3840x2160/60p, 4096 x 2160/24p, 4096 x 2160/25p, 4096 x 2160/30p, 4096x2160/50p, 4096x2160/60p,
- OSD Language: 18 languages (English, Dutch, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Turkish, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Thai, Arabic, Polish)
- HDMI: 2 (HDMI Input 2 is compatible with HDCP 2.2)
- Trigger: 2 Mini Jacks, DC 12 V Max. 100 mA
- RS-232C: D-sub 9-pin (male)
- LAN: RJ45, 10Base-T/100BASE-TX
- IR In: Mini Jack
- USB: DC 5 V, Max. 500 mA
- Picture Processor: X1 for projector
- Acoustic Noise: 24 dB
- Operating Temperature / Operating Humidity: 5°C to 35°C / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Storage Temperature / Storage Humidity: -10°C to +60°C / 20% to 80% (no condensation)
- Power Consumption
- Power Consumption: 490 W
- Standby: 0.4 W (when "Remote Start" is set to "Off")
- Networked Standby: 1.0W (LAN) (when "Remote Start" is set to "On"); When a LAN terminal is not connected, it becomes a low power consumption mode (0.5 W)
- Standby Mode / Networked Standby Mode Activated: After about 10 Minutes
- Power Cord: Detachable IEC - Upgrade to IsoTek for better performance
- 3D Capability: Yes
- 3D Emitter: Built-in RD emitter
- Supplied Accessories: RM-PJ24 Remote Commander, Two AA Size (R6) Manganese Batteries, Lens Cap, AC Power Cord, Quick Reference Manual, Safety Regulations
- Optional Accessory: VPLL-Z7008 (Short Throw Lens)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 560 x 223 x 496 mm
- Weight: 22 kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years parts & labour. Service is back to base and not done in the home.