Rotel RCD 1572 CD Player
Since 1982, when the CD was introduced, Rotel has been refining technology and evolving circuitry to bring you extraordinary sound from the familiar silver disc. As most music lovers have a substantial collection of compact discs, a high quality CD player is still an important part of most music systems. The RCD-1572, the outstanding CD player in Rotel‘s 15 series, focuses careful refinements to reveal even the most subtle nuances buried in a CD’s pit spiral.
The RCD-1572 elevates performance by utilizing a purpose designed and built CD mechanism along with other circuit refinements. One of the RCD-1572’s most important features is the Wolfson WM8740 digital filter/stereo digital-to-analog converter. Originally developed for high resolution sources, it is the product of extensive research and real world testing and processes digital signals up to 24-bits in length at sampling rates from 8 kHz to 192 kHz.
While word lengths and sampling speed may seem excessive for CDs delivering data at far lower rates, this high speed facility adds reserve capability to ensure proper reproduction under all circumstances. As the most crucial link between a CD’s digital data and the analog world in which we listen, this converter boasts significant attributes in addition to its superb high resolution capabilities.
The post-converter analog circuitry benefits from Rotel‘s decades-long experiences in crafting the finest sounding pathway from the DAC’s internal output to RCA and XLR rear panel connectors that bridge the gap between the RCD-1572 and down-stream components. All circuit components – resistors, capacitors, inductors – are chosen only after their positive contribution to sound quality were quantified and verified qualitatively by extensive listening sessions.
All of these circuits draw on a power supply based on an oversized custom Rotel-designed and precision-manufactured toroidal power transformer that, in turn, feeds precise rectifiers, tight-tolerance voltage regulators, and advanced Slit-Foil low-ESR storage capacitors, all globally sourced to ensure musically accurate operation under even the most demanding conditions.
This is all part of Rotel’s long-proven Balanced Design Concept. It’s yet another way of assuring you that the RCD-1572 evidences a level of attention that will make it part of your reference-level music system for years to come.
- Design: Flagship CD player in Rotel's 15-Series component range
- Wolfson premium 24-bit/192kHz Digital to Analogue Converter
- Purpose designed and built CD transport mechanism
- Power supply based on an oversized custom Rotel-designed and precision-manufactured toroidal power transformer
- Precise rectifiers, tight-tolerance voltage regulators, and advanced Slit-Foil low-ESR storage capacitors
- All analogue circuit components – resistors, capacitors, inductors – are chosen only after their positive contribution to sound quality were quantified and verified qualitatively by extensive listening sessions
- Balanced circuit design
- Outputs: Balanced (XLR), Unbalanced (RCA), Digital (Coax)
- Supports MP3 playback
- Comprehensive Remote Control Included
- iOS control App (requires connection to 15 Series RA/RC models)
- 12 Volt trigger
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise: 0.002% @ 1kHz
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000Hz (± 0.5 dB)
- Channel Balance: ± 0.5 dB
- Channel Separation: > 115 dB @ 10 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 118 dB (“A” weighting)
- Dynamic Range: > 99 dB
- Digital to Analogue Converters: Wolfson 24 bit/192kHz
- Analog Output Level / Impedance (0dBFs)
- Unbalanced (RCA): 2.2 Volts / 100 Ohms
- Balanced (XLR): 4.4 Volts / 200 Ohms
- Digital Output: 0.5 Volt, Peak to Peak
- Load Impedance: 75 Ohms
- Power Consumption: 15 Watts
- Standby Power Consumption: < 0.5 Watts
- Finish: Silver
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 431 x 104 x 320mm
- Weight: 6.7kg
- Shipping Weight: 9.05kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 2 Years