PS Audio Directstream Memory Player
Brand Miranda Hi-Fi
35 years after the introduction of the CD, PS engineers have perfected the art of data extraction and delivery so you can finally hear what’s been locked away in your CD and SACD collection. The DirectStream Memory Player (DMP) is a universal optical disc transport with a twist inside: an advanced Digital Lens. The Lens, first invented in 1993 by PS Audio’s Paul McGowan and Bob Stadtherr, electrically isolates the mechanical transport/laser mechanism of optical disc readers, improves audio quality to a degree few systems have yet achieved, and focuses audio data into a single, bit-perfect, timing-perfected stream to your DAC.
CD reproduction is unequaled by any other player we know of. CDs played through DMP now comes closer than ever to high-resolution PCM and DSD, uncovering new layers of dimensionality, soundstage, depth and musicality previously unobtainable in other optical readers or server based audio systems.
DMP opens the long restricted DSD layer of SACD to PS Audio DACs. Through a unique code-handshake, DMP will deliver the raw DSD layer of copyright protected SACD directly into your PS Audio DAC. This means that for the first time you’ll uncover the wealth of audio’s finest digital medium, DSD, and hear exactly what the mastering engineers who created these discs have enjoyed all along.
Welcome to DMP, the last optical disc player you will ever need. There are simply no better devices made.
- Universal Disc Player
- SACD, CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, AVCHD, HRx
- Plays FLAC, APE, WMA, MP3, M4A, AAC, DTS, AC3, WAV, DSF, MKA, PCM, OGG, from discs or USB input
- Memory Player Transport
- SACD DSD layer available through I2S output to PS DACs
- Advanced Digital Lens Technology
- 6-channel digital coax outputs
- 6-channel digital I2S outputs through HDMI style connector
- XLR AES/EBU stereo digital output
- USB data input for stored digital media
- Cover art
- Full color LCD touch screen
- Artist, track title information
- Extremely low jitter output datastream
- Large analog power supply
- Separate power regulators
- FPGA signal processing
- Near-field latch placement
- Multi-channel synchronization with PS DACs
- Network connection for My PS
- Zero setup, just plug and play
- Remote control