PrimaLuna ProLogue Premium Preamplifier
- New power transformers. Heavy-duty, dual-mono power transformers increase control and detail. Additional windings were added to each transformer for improved synergy with the optional PhonoLogue MM Phonostage. The preamp weighs in at a substantial 17 kilograms.
- Home theatre pass-through. Straight from the critically-acclaimed DiaLogue Series, this direct-line circuitry means less noise and coloration over unity gain circuits.
- New front end circuitry. Optimised to use two 12AU7 tubes per channel. Combines with the improved power transformers to further lower distortion, dropping by a factor of 20 at output levels above one volt! This in turn dramatically improves sound quality.
- PTP-circuit. If the power transformer should overheat, this innovative "Power Transformer Protection" circuit cuts primary power, allows the preamp to cool down, then resets itself.
- Full-function remote. Slim, anodised aluminium remote, controls volume, mute, and source selection, as well as Play/pause and Stop/eject functions of the new ProLogue Premium CD Player.
As with all PrimaLuna components, the ProLogue Premium Preamplifier is made by hand with the finest point-to-point wiring and quality equal to—or better than—any product you can buy at any price.
Built using premium parts featuring: ceramic tube sockets; Solen, Swellong, and Nichicon capacitors; WBT-style solid core speaker terminals; ALPS Blue Velvet volume control; gold-plated RCA jacks; toroidal power transformer. All packaged in a high-gloss, hand-rubbed finish.
Frequency Response: 4Hz-85kHz +/- 3dB
THD: Less than 1% at full power
S/N Ratio: 109 dB unweighted
Input Sensitivity: 200mV
Input Impedance: 100k Ohms
Output Impedance: 2800 Ohms
Power Consumption: 46 watts
Dimensions: 36.8 x 20.3 x 29.4 cm (WxHxD)
Weight: 17 Kg
Inputs: 4 pair RCA / 1 pair HT bypass
Outputs: 2 pair RCA preamp outs / 1 pair RCA fixed tape out
Tube Compliment: 4 - 12AU7, 2 - 5AR4