Polk RTi A9
Don’t be fooled by its great looks. Over three years in development, the RTi A Series represents the essence of the famous Polk sound—inviting, natural, lifelike audio reproduction. Why “natural” instead of “accurate?” Some speakers touted as “accurate” can be antiseptic—interesting at first but they become fatiguing. There’s a name for it: listener fatigue. Often it’s subconscious; you’ll find that as weeks pass you are listening to your system less and less. On the other hand, the RTi As are natural sounding, engaging and comfortable for long listening sessions, yet detailed and revealing.
The RTi A9 is a high performance powerhouse and the ultimate manifestation of our RTi A Series. Featuring Dynamic Balance® transducers—three 7-inch bass drivers, two 5 1/4-inch midrange drivers and a 1-inch high frequency dome tweeter—the RTi A9 will fill even the largest room with energy and excitement. With a mind blowing 500 Watt power capacity, these speakers can take everything you can give them and more. Watch high octane action movies in their full grandeur, or delight in an intimate jazz performance.
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTiA9 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- The two 5 1/4-inch midrange drivers are housed in their own tuned internal enclosures for increased clarity and lifelike detail.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modelled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modelled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimising sonic interference.
- PowerPort® Plus bass venting is our patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customised high performance audio.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
For more detailed information on the Polk RTi A9 Floorstanding Speakers, click here.
MID / WOOFER