Polk RTi A5 Floorstanding Speakers Pair
Want that big speaker experience but can’t quite fit the RTi A9? The RTi A5 is the most compact floorstanding speaker in the RTi A Series. With two 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® mid/woofer drivers, a 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and PowerPort® Plus, it packs a punch and delivers the mind bending thrills ofInception as well as the intoxicating groove of Manu Chao.
RTI A5 FEATURES:
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTi A5 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- The two 6-1/2-inch mid/woofer drivers are housed in their own tuned internal enclosures for increased clarity and lifelike detail.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTi A Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimising sonic interference.
- PowerPort Plus bass venting is our patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Our patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) port technology tunes out the internal cabinet resonances resulting in natural uncoloured midrange reproduction.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customised high performance audio.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
For more detailed information on the Polk RTi A5 Floorstanding Speakers, click here.
TWEETERQuantity: 1Diameter: 2.54cmType: Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome tweeter
MID / WOOFERQuantity: 2Diameter: 16.51cmType: Dynamic Balance drivers with polymer/mica composite cones and rubber surrounds
ELECTRICALTotal Frequency Response: 30Hz-27kHzUpper -3dB Limit: 26 kHzLower -3dB Limit: 40 HzNominal Impedance: 8 ohmsEfficiency: 90 dBRecommended Amplifier Power: 20-250 watts per channelInputs: Dual 5-way binding posts
CABINET DIMENSIONSHeight: 102.23cmWidth: 21.43cmDepth: 40.01cm
ENCLOSURE TYPEMid-High Array Enclosure Type: PowerPort bass venting and ARC portProduct Weight (each): 18.1 Kg