Polk Audio FXI A4
• The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
• With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the soundfield from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
• Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
• Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
• Durable, computer-modelled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
• The F/XiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
• Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology suppresses cabinet resonance that causes distortion to ensure clear and natural sound.
• Computer-modelled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks whilst minimising sonic interference.
• All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
• Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts offer the most secure connection options.
Total pieces: 2
Cabinet Warranty: 5 years
Drivers Warranty: 5 years
Original Purchaser Only: Yes
Carton 1: 16″ (40.64 cm) h x 19.5″ (49.53 cm) w x 14.5″ (36.83 cm) d – 24 lbs (10.89 kg)
Qty Included: Pair
Driver Enclosure Type: Acoustically Tuned Vent
Driver Complement: (1) 5.25″ (13.34 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone and rubber surround – Mid/Woofer
(2) 1″ (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome – Tweeter
Mounting Type:Keyhole Hanger
Available Orientations: Horizontal
Total Frequency Response: 50 Hz → 27,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Lower and Upper -3dB Limits: 60 Hz → 26,000 Hz
Speaker Inputs: (1) Pair of 5-way Binding Posts – Gold Plated
Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel: 20 watts → 150 watts