Polk Audio VS/LS 5.1 Custom Speaker Pack
POLK VS/LS - 5.1 CUSTOM SPEAKER PACK
- 2 x 265LS In-wall Speakers
- 1 x 255CLS In-wall Speakers
- 2 x 900LS In-ceiling Speakers
- 1 x HTS12 Subwoofer (black)
About 265LS In-wall Speakers
Superior 3-Way Performance
For big, full range dynamic audio with no visible speaker boxes, you need the power and potential of an in-wall 3-way speaker with Polk's patented Power Port© bass venting system, like the 265-LS. Easy to install, you can build a complete high performance audio system that blends seamlessly into your decor. Tailor the performance to suit your room environment with superior audio controls - guaranteeing the most spectacular sound. At this performance level, Vanishing LS is the best value in today's hottest style of custom installed loudspeakers.
- Polk’s patented Power Port® bass venting
- Exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings
- Two 6.5" Dynamic Balance mid/woofers
- Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter
Quantity Included 1
Height 53.02 cm (20.875")
Width 22.54 cm (8.875")
Depth 9.53 cm (3.75")
Driver Enclosure Type PowerPort Bass Vented
Driver - Tweeter (1) 2.54 cm (1") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Ring Radiator - Tweeter
Driver - Mid/Woofer (2) 16.51 cm (6.5") Diameter (Round) Dynamic Balance Aerated Polypropylene Cone and Rubber Surround - Mid/Woofer
Total Frequency Response 28 Hz - 33,000 Hz
Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity 91 dB
Lower and Upper -3 dB Limits 41 Hz - 29,000 Hz
Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel 10 Watts - 200 Watts
Available Orientations Vertical
Cut Out Dimensions 48.74 cm (19.188") H x 18.42 cm (7.25") W
Flush Mounting Depth 7.62 cm (3")
Speaker Inputs (1) Pair of Spring-Loaded Binding Posts - Gold-Plated
Included Accessories (1) Polk’s Wafer-Thin Sheer Grille™ - White, Paintable
Optional Accessories (1) PB LC265i - Pre-Construction Bracket - Sold Separately
About 255CLS In-wall Speakers
Vanishing LS Series In-Wall Center Channel Speaker
With a Vanishing® Series in-wall centre channel speaker, you have the centrepiece of a world-class stealth home theatre. All you see is screen, and all you hear is crystal clear dialogue, dynamic detail and directional effects. The Vanishing Series centre channel speaker anchors the action without attracting attention. It's the province-of-the-art in today's most wanted interior design plans.
- Vanishing Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series LS speakers are timbre-matched to Polk LSi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create boomy sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boominess, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
About 900LS In-ceiling Speakers
A real standout — but practically invisible
Polk's Vanishing® Series 900-LS in-ceiling speaker is designed to stay out of sight and out of mind...until you hear the rich, detailed sound it produces. This high-performance speaker hides away in your ceiling, which means you can enjoy great sound in rooms where regular free-standing speakers are an awkward fit.
Advanced 3-way design
The woofer's increased surface area and rigid cast basket combine for deep musical bass. This speaker also features Polk's own advanced version of the classic "ring radiator" tweeter for smooth, detailed highs, along with a 3-1/4" Dynamic Balance midrange driver, for accurate response across a wide frequency range.
A wall distance toggle switch lets you compensate for boominess due to installation near a side wall. You also get a tweeter attenuation switch to help you get balanced sound in rooms with lots of reflective surfaces.
Mix and match with Polk's free-standing LSi M speakers
Use a pair of 900-LS in-ceiling speakers to listen to music in the den, or add more for a great sounding home theater. Vanishing Series LS speakers are voice-matched to Polk's renowned free-standing LSi M speakers, so you can combine these in-ceiling speakers with in-walls or free-standing speakers and get harmonious results.
An optional in-ceiling bracket is recommended for installing the 900-LS speaker in a home with new construction.
- frequency response 40-29,000 Hz (-3dB)
- three-way speaker design includes:
- 3/4" ring radiator tweeter
- 3-1/4" Dynamic Balance® midrange speaker
- 6" x 9" Dynamic Balance woofer with Cassini Oval driver design
- dual-port bandpass enclosure for better bass response
- handles up to 150 watts
- sensitivity 90 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- paintable Sheer-Grille™ for stealth installation
- cutout: 8-3/16" diameter
- mounting depth: 9-3/8"
Quantity in Package Single
Tweeter Ring radiator
Aimable Tweeter No
Woofer Composition Mineral-filled polypropylene
Woofer Surround Rubber
Connector Type Spring post
Bi-Amp Inputs No
Built-in Back-box No
Tweeter Size .75
Midrange Size 3.25
Speaker Shape Round
Woofer Size 6
Cutout Width 8.1875
Cutout Height 8.875
Power Range (Watts) 10-150
Sensitivity 90 dB
Impedance (Ohms) 8
Frequency Response 40-29kHz
About HTS12 Subwoofer
12" Subwoofer with Power Port Technology
Deep Bass for Home Theater and Music
Front-firing long-throw 12” Polypropylene Dynamic Balance and Klippel optimized driver
Floor-firing patented Power Port technology for deeper bass response and reduced port noise
Complete Control - built-in controls for variable volume, low pass filter and phase (0/180°) for optimum bass levels.
The Polk HTS 12 subwoofer enhances home theater and music listening with powerful deep bass. It features a long-throw Dynamic Balance 12” driver, patented Power Port® technology and a state-of-the-art 400W Class D amplifier. Easily to access controls for volume, low pass filter, and phase correction. Connect via LFE (unfiltered / low pass disabled) or stereo line level RCA inputs.