NAD T 778 Surround Amplifier & AV Receiver
BluOS Enabled 4K Ultra HD Receiver with Immersive Sound
NAD’s reference Audio Video Receiver (AVR) is a cutting-edge powerhouse for state of the art music and home theater. Well known for our high value/ high performance reputation in the AVR category, the brand’s reference model builds on that legacy with an expansion of unwavering philosophy of real-world performance, simplicity of operation, and future upgradeability.
Efficient Distortion-free Amplification
The T 778 features the latest developments in NAD’s Hybrid Digital technology to create 9 high current/high power channels of amplification with improved efficiency. Designed with NAD’s full disclosure approach to power ratings, the NAD AVR conservatively delivers 85W FDP and 9 x 140W FTC, all channels driven at rated distortion. For flexibility, the amp channels are configurable to be used for surround or second zone audio. The silent black background and explosive dynamics afforded by this amplifier technology adds lifelike realism, drama and excitement to all your music and movies.
Fully Featured Surround
The T 778 is second-to-none in terms of flexibility and up-to-the-minute digital technology. Only NAD offers Modular Design Construction (MDC), the company’s proven method for preventing premature obsolescence. 7.1.4 Dolby® Atmos™, DTS® Master Audio combine with Dirac Live™ room correction to deliver hyper-realism that captures every dimension of a performance. Add bit-perfect 4K UHD video pass-through and the T 778 delivers the most accurate sound and image experience you’ve ever had. Musical performance is outstanding with High Res Multi-room streaming via BluOS.
Complete and Compact
As with all NAD components, the company’s latest offering continues their ‘simple is better’ design philosophy. This sensible approach contributes to ease of use and maximizes performance where it counts. A perfect example is the striking new touch screen and ergonomic refinements that simplify operation and ease of access. The T 778 features NAD’s legendary sound quality along with complete compatibility with all the latest features and formats to ensure lifelike music and movie enjoyment.
Key Features of the NAD T 778:
- 9 channels of NAD’s latest Hybrid Digital Amplifier Technology
- New touch screen and improved ergonomics for user-friendly operation
- 4K UHD video pass-through
- HDMI CEC/eARC
- High-Res BluOS enabled Network Streaming
- Dirac Live Room Correction
- Full decoding of MQA content via BluOS.
- Apple AirPlay 2
- MDC (Modular Design Construction) offers ability to upgrade to future digital formats as they become available. Two MDC slots provided.
- CI friendly- RS232 Serial Control Port. Trigger In/Out.
- IR In with learning function
- 8 Ohms 140W (21.5dBW)
- 4 Ohms 170W (22.3dBW)
- Full Disclosure Power (all channels driven simultaneously at full bandwidth at rated distortion) 9 x 85W
- IHF Dynamic Power
- 8 Ohms 165W (22.2dBW)
- 4 Ohms 280W (24.5dBW)
- Total harmonic distortion at rated power <0.08%
- IM distortion at 1/3 rated power <0.03%
- Damping factor >300 (20Hz-1kHz, 8 ohms)
- Input sensitivity and impedance 1.12Vrms (ref. 8 Ohms, VOL at 0dB)
- Frequency response +0.3/-0.8dB (ref. 1kHz, 20Hz-20kHz)
- Signal/noise ratio >100dB (ref. rated power at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio >85dB (ref. 1W at 8 Ohms, A-Weighted)
- LINE INPUT
- Frequency response ±0.3dB (ref. 20Hz – 20kHz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio >100dB (ref. 2V, A-Weighted)
- Total harmonic distortion <0.01%
- Input sensitivity 245mVrms (ref. 2V)
- Maximum output level >4.5Vrms
- PHONO INPUT
- Input Sensitivity 6.2mVrms (ref. 2V)(ref. 20Hz – 20kHz)
- Signal-to-noise ratio >80dB (ref. 2V, A-Weighted)
- Maximum Input Level >90mVrms (1kHz)
- Standby power <0.5W (full standby)
<8W (network standby)
Dimension and Weight
- Unit Dimensions (W x H x D) 435 x 140 x 430mm
- Net Weight 12.1kg
- Shipping Weight 15.5kg