Monitor Audio Gold 300 5G Floorstander
Brand Monitor Audio
Every detail of design has been refined to create an exquisite range of loudspeakers that bring a sense of luxury to any room. Painstakingly assembled by Monitor Audio’s team of craftsmen, each Gold speaker is beautifully finished to ensure that their combination of premium audio technology and class-leading build quality delivers a compelling hi-fi and home cinema listening experience.
The rounded vertical edges of the cabinets combined with the sharp profile of the horizontal lines give a classic and timeless appearance. A soft touch panel on the top of the speakers (stand mount and floorstanding) adds a further sophisticated appeal to the Gold series. With a choice of ultra-smooth premium finishes (dark walnut or ebony real wood veneer and piano gloss black or satin white), the loudspeakers exude a graceful style wherever they are positioned.
For the first time, Gold features the technology used in Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II loudspeakers. The Platinum II drivers have been especially re-developed and honed for Gold and they are secured inside the well-damped cabinets using Monitor Audio’s renowned single bolt mechanism to give a clean appearance.
With their stunning looks, premium feel and high-end sound, the Gold series offers a fulfilment for the senses. Their performance is articulate, clear, smooth and easy on the ear. Everything that one would expect from a Monitor Audio speaker.
With low frequencies being accurately delivered (down to a seismic 30 Hz, and high frequencies reaching beyond 50 kHz) this is a truly wide-band speaker designed for every possible listening requirement - each nuance and detail in a recording is delivered with sublime accuracy.
The Gold 300 is recommended for larger rooms and requires at least 30 cm between the speaker and wall to allow the system to breathe and perform optimally.
- Flagship tower/ floorstanding speaker system of the range
- Three-way, four-driver configuration – allows drivers to be optimised to deliver higher efficiency and lower distortion from a larger cabinet• MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- Specially developed 64 mm mid-range driver with die-cast metal chassis houses a powerful rare earth magnet system with 35 mm voice coil and very low mass, dished C-CAM cone. Close coupling to the MPD delivers point source levels of accuracy
- Dual 8” bespoke bass drivers, featuring; – Powerful motor assembly with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) optimised pole and large 75 mm voice coil – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed Sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped – Die-cast metal driver chassis design – Ultimate rigidity and damping of resonance
- Die-cast metal mid-range/MPD chamber module• Dual HiVe II ports – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow• Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain
- High-quality crossovers utilizing premium grade, bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core, and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion• Rigid 18 mm MDF construction with smooth contoured vertical edges and contrasting sharp top profile
- Unique cabinet bracing design derived from the Platinum II series• Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance
- Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling• Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality gold-plated bi-wire terminals
- Terminal panel located at floor level for easy termination and neat cable access
- Sturdy cast metal out-rigger feet with a spike or rubber foot for carpet or hard flooring – provides a more attractive appearance and takes up less floor space
- Selected premium quality mirror matched wood veneers, superior piano lacquer and Satin White finishes.