Monitor Audio Gold 100 5G Bookshelf
Brand Monitor Audio
Every detail of design has been refined to create an exquisite range of loudspeakers that bring a sense of luxury to any room. Painstakingly assembled by Monitor Audio’s team of craftsmen, each Gold speaker is beautifully finished to ensure that their combination of premium audio technology and class-leading build quality delivers a compelling hi-fi and home cinema listening experience.
The rounded vertical edges of the cabinets combined with the sharp profile of the horizontal lines give a classic and timeless appearance. A soft touch panel on the top of the speakers (stand mount and floorstanding) adds a further sophisticated appeal to the Gold series. With a choice of ultra-smooth premium finishes (dark walnut or ebony real wood veneer and piano gloss black or satin white), the loudspeakers exude a graceful style wherever they are positioned.
For the first time, Gold features the technology used in Monitor Audio’s flagship Platinum II loudspeakers. The Platinum II drivers have been especially re-developed and honed for Gold and they are secured inside the well-damped cabinets using Monitor Audio’s renowned single bolt mechanism to give a clean appearance.
With their stunning looks, premium feel and high-end sound, the Gold series offers a fulfilment for the senses. Their performance is articulate, clear, smooth and easy on the ear. Everything that one would expect from a Monitor Audio speaker.
The powerful bass driver utilises a 50 mm diameter voice coil, which yields huge power handling capability. The larger radiating surface area of this voice coil ensures heat is radiated away much quicker than in a typical driver to give a stronger performance.
Gold 100 can produce incredibly powerful low frequencies for its size and is composed at all times. The driver is well-damped and the cabinet is incredibly rigid and well braced, to deliver a supremely accurate tonal reproduction. The HiVe II port has been located on the rear of the cabinet to give a compact size and a clean appearance.
- Two-way, rear ported cabinet configuration featuring HiVe II port technology – improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother air-flow
- MPD high frequency transducer – articulate, extended high frequencies, yet supremely smooth
- 61/2” bass/mid-range driver, featuring: – Powerful motor assembly with FEA (Finite Element Analysis) optimised pole and large 50 mm voice coil – RDT II Cone technology – specially developed sandwich cone technology using thin C-CAM, Nomex honeycomb core and woven carbon fibre back skin to return incredible stiffness, yet light and well damped – DCF (Dynamic Coupling Filter) – optimised to reduce high frequency cone break-up and further reduce distortion – Die-cast metal driver chassis design – ultimate rigidity and damping of resonance
- Pureflow silver-plated OFC copper internal cabling – highest quality transfer through the signal chain• High quality crossovers utilizing premium grade bespoke polypropylene film capacitors, air-core and low-loss laminated steel-core inductors – maximum signal transfer and zero distortion
- Rigid 18 mm MDF construction with smooth contoured vertical edges and contrasting sharp top profile
- Soft touch top trim – giving a luxurious, premium quality furniture grade touch and appearance• Single-bolt-through driver technology – providing increased bracing strength, rigidity and driver/baffle de-coupling• Bespoke magnetic grilles – clean visual styling, virtually acoustically transparent
- Custom-made, high-quality Gold plated bi-wire terminals• Selected premium quality mirror matched wood veneers, superior piano lacquer and Satin White finishes• Dedicated fixing points to bolt and combine with the Monitor Audio STAND – for best performance returns