The MX121 home theater processor is the control hub of some of the finest home theater systems in the world. An extensive yet easy to use feature set allows MX121 based systems to be configured to meet your exact needs.
All current and legacy audio and video sources – such as Blu-ray, DVD, CD and Laser Disc players along with turntables and tuners – may be controlled, processed and operated through the MX121. A vast array of inputs, including six HDMI that support 1080P resolution and 3D video pass-through, ensures you’ll be able to connect all your source components. The 3D video pass-through will allow you to enjoy everything current 3D Blu-ray discs and broadcasts have to offer. And with built in Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, you’ll hear – and feel – everything too.
The MX121 outputs a discrete signal to each of your speakers, whether you have a traditional 5.1 home theater setup or a newer 7.1 configuration. Provisions for Front Height or Width channels are also offered, depending upon your listening preference. Up to two additional zones are available for expansion into other listening areas of your home, with independent source selection and volume adjustment in each area.
Home network communication is supported so you can stream audio and photos directly from your computer or the internet, including Pandora radio. Built in AirPlay allows you to wirelessly stream music via your Wi-Fi network from your Mac or PC based iTunes library, as well as music stored on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Utilizing a USB cable, iPod classic and select iPod nanos can also be connected; you can also connect your iPhone or iPod touch for charging. (see Specifications for complete list of compatible Apple devices).
Audyssey MultEQ XT will calibrate your MX121 to compensate for your home theater’s unique acoustical properties, delivering the clearest and most balanced sound possible. For easy system startup and shutdown, the MX121 has the ability to automatically turn McIntosh source components and amplifiers on and off.
- McIntosh has designed tremendous flexibility and configurability into the MX121 processor while simultaneaously reducing operational complexity.
- Two additional zones allow for expansion into other listening areas of the home, with independent sources selection and volume adjustment in each area.
- Cutting-edge feature include HDMI 3D video switching, video upscalling to 1080P. Apple AirPlay wireless streaming through iTunes, and a USB input for your iPod, iPad or iPhone.
- Audyssey MultiEQ XT digital processing transforms problem rooms into great performance venues, while XT Autio Calibration makes setup a breeze.
- Sound quality takes front-row seating in the MX121. Balanced outputs and inputs are included, and vinyl lovers will enjoy the high-performance MM Phono preamp.
- A vast array of HDMI, digital audio, and analog inputs ensure that you won't outgrow the MX121 anytime soon.
- 7.1 Channels, 7 stereo unbalanced analog inputs plus MM phono, one stereo balanced in and one set 7.1 analog in
- 3 Optical, 2 Coaxial SPDIF digital inputs, 1 optical output, 24 bit 192 kHz resolution
- 6 HDMI inputs, 2 HDMI outputs
- 4 Component video inputs; 2 component video outputs
- 5 composite video inputs, 3 out
AirPlay Connection or USB Connection
- iPod touch (3rd and 4th generation)
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3GS
AirPlay Connection only
- iPad 2
- iPad New
USB Connection only
- iPod touch (1st and 2nd generation)
- iPod classic
- iPod nano (3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th generation)
- iPhone 3G
Weight & Dimensions
- Dimensions: 44.45cm x 19.37cm x 49.53cm (W x H x D)
- Weight: 13.6kg