McIntosh MR87 AM/FM Tuner
AM and FM stations may be luxuriously tuned using the weighted tuning knob and full scale linear tuning dial. Up to 20 stations in both the AM and FM band may be stored in memory. Stations may be scanned with either the front panel controls or remotely from the included handheld remote control. Preset scan is the third way to tune. Advanced DSP tuning minimizes multipath tuning noise for clear, musical audio quality.
Special FM RF Circuitry
The MR87 RF Circuitry receives strong local FM Station Signals without distortion and receives even the weakest of FM Signals with low noise.
RAA2 External AM Antenna
The RAA2 External AM Antenna allows placement of the AM Antenna for the best reception.
Preset Stations and Permanent Memory
The MR87 Tuner stores up to twenty AM and FM Station presets and they are retained in Permanent Memory.
Flywheel Tuning and Electronic Dial Pointer
The Smooth Acting Weighted Tuning mechanism with Glass Dial and Illuminated Electronic Pointer recall the classic McIntosh tuner designs of the 60’s and 70’s while a full complement of RS232 control with metadata support makes the MR87 the go-to multi-format broadcast audio source for today’s whole-house systems.
The Balanced Outputs allow connection of the MR87 to a Preamplifier using long cable lengths without a loss in sound quality.
Digital Audio Outputs
There are Coaxial and Optical Digital Outputs for external decoding of the PCM Signal.
Multifunction Fluorescent Display
The Front Panel Display indicates various setup and tuner functions.
The MR87 will indicate various text information such as Station Call Sign, Music Genre, Artist Name and Song Title when transmitted by the Radio Station.
Remote Control with External Sensor Input
The Remote Control provides control of the MR87 operating functions and other McIntosh Source Components. Enjoy your McIntosh System from other rooms in your home by connecting external sensors.
Power Control Output and Trigger Assignment
A Power Control connection for convenient Turn-On of McIntosh Power Components and Accessories is included.
Special Power Supply
Fully regulated Power Supplies and a special R-Core Power Transformer ensure stable noise free operation even though the power line varies.
Gold Plated Connectors
The MR87 Digital and Analog Audio Connectors are gold plated for superior corrosion resistance and high electrical conductivity.
Fiber Optic Solid State Front Panel Illumination
The even Illumination of the Front Panel is accomplished by the combination of custom designed Fiber Optic Light Diffusers and extra long life Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs).
Glass Front Panel and Super Mirror Chassis Finish
The famous McIntosh Illuminated Glass Front Panel and the Stainless Steel Chassis with Super Mirror Finish ensures the pristine beauty of the MR87 will be retained for many years.
- 87.5MHz - 108.0MHz (Europe)
- 87.9MHz - 107.9MHz (USA)
- 76MHz - 90MHz (Japan)
- Antenna Input: 75 Ohms, Type “F” Coax connector
- Useable Sensitivity: 2.2uV (18.1dBf)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 1.5uV (14.8dBf)
Signal To Noise Ratio
- Mono: 70dB
- Stereo: 68dB
- Frequency Response: ±1dB 20 to 15,000Hz
- Mono: 0.4%
- Stereo: 0.8%
- 60dB Adjacent Channel
- 66dB Alternate Channel
- Stereo Separation: 38dB
- 522kHz - 1602kHz (Europe)
- 530kHz - 1710kHz (USA)
- 522kHz - 1611kHz (Japan)
- Antenna Input: RAA2 (supplied), Type “RJ45” connector
- Sensitivity: 350uV/m
- Signal To Noise Ratio: 50dB
- Frequency Response: 0dB, -6dB 50Hz to 3,000Hz
- Harmonic Distortion: 0.5%
- Selectivity: 45dB Adjacent Channel
- Rated Output: 1Vms Unbalanced, 2Vms Balanced
- Output Impedance: 100 ohms Unbalanced or Balanced
- Optical: -15dbm to -21dbm (PCM)
- Coaxial: 0.5Vp-p/75 ohm (PCM)
- Sampling Frequency: 48kHz (PCM)
AM Antenna Input
- Balanced, RJ45 connector (for use only with supplied McIntosh RAA2 Remote AM Antenna)
- RAA2 Remote AM Antenna Overall Dimensions (WxHxD): 15.24cm x 6.35cm x 3.81cm
- 240V ~ 50/60Hz, 30 watts
- Standby, less than 0.5 watt
- Overall Dimensions (WxHxD): 44.45cm x 15.24cm x 45.72cm
- Weight: 11.6 kg