A monumental performance. That's what you can expect from the MA8000 Integrated Amplifier. It combines a powerful 300 watt per channel amplifier with a full functioned preamp into one space saving unit.
The MA8000's 15 total inputs include 6 unbalanced, 2 balanced, 2 phono and 5 digital inputs - ensuring it has enough connections and modern technology to keep all your music sources connected and sounding great well into the future. The 5 dedicated digital inputs can decode your digital music up to 32 bits and 192kHz for high resolution audio playback. The discrete, analog eight band tone control is assignable by input and allows for precise, manual adjustment that lets your favorite songs sound better than ever.
The Moving Magnet and Moving Coil phono sections can be adjusted to completely match your turntable and phono cartridge, allowing your prized record collection to shine like never before. The Home Theater Pass Through feature will allow for seamless integration into your existing multi-channel theater system.
With an impressive 300 watts per channel, the amplifier section has an abundance of power to effortlessly drive virtually any loudspeaker. The included world famous McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 300 watts regardless of their impedance, while Power Guard® will prevent clipping that could damage your speakers. Our new High Drive headphone amplifier features increased gain and output power, and is optimized for virtually all headphone types for the ultimate personal listening experience.
The entire unit is housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that not only compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum handles, but also your room decor.
- High power, 300 watt per channel stereo amplifier - enough power to properly run any speaker type.
- Analog eight band tone control allows for precision adjustment so your recordings sound their best.
- Moving Coil and Moving Magnet phono inputs feature adjustable cartridge loading and impedance matching, assuring every turntable gives its optimal performance when played through the MA8000.
- Five digital inputs allow the McIntosh Digital Engine to decode your digital music at up to 32 bits and 192kHz for maximum analog fidelity and enjoyment.
- The Home Theater Passthru feature allows for seamless integration of multi-channel systems with the MA8000’s power and precision sound.
- The High Drive headphone amplifier will match any headphones between 20 and 600 ohms, allowing for the ultimate personal listening experience.
- Amplifier Power Output: 300 watts per channel with both channels operating into 2, 4 or 8 Ohms, with Power Meters
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005% maximum from 20Hz to 20kHz
- Preamplifier Inputs:
- Six high level unbalanced
- Two high level balanced
- Two Phono: one Moving Coil and one
- Moving Magnet (both adjustable loading)
- Five digital inputs
- Digital Section:
- Five digital inputs: one dedicated USB, and four assignable: two coax and two optical PCM
- McIntosh Digital Engine is 32 bit 192kHz, USB 2.0 asynchronous
- Tone Controls: Discrete/manual/analog eight band EQ
- High Drive Headphone Amplifier: All headphones, from 20 to 600 Ohms
- Home Theater Pass Through: Allows interfacing with a Home Theater system
- Overall Dimensions (W x H x D): 44.5cm x 24 cm x 55.88cm including knobs, connectors and cables
- Weight: 45.4kg