Martin Logan Motion FX
Brand Martin Logan
Wide-dispersion design creates atmospheric sound
MartinLogan's advanced Folded Motion tweeter produces clear, open sound.
The most effective surround speakers are the ones you barely notice, like MartinLogan's Motion FX. Like the other Motion models, the Motion FX employs one of MartinLogan's most advanced technologies, the Folded Motion™ tweeter. In fact, it uses two of them in a wide dispersion configuration that creates an atmospheric home theater experience. The Motion FX is the ideal surround speaker choice for MartinLogan's other Motion series speakers.
Folded Motion tweeter for detailed sound
MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion tweeter uses a pleated diaphragm that works like an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. It requires about 90% less excursion than a typical 1" dome tweeter, resulting in quicker response time and much lower distortion. The Motion FX has two of these tweeters, aimed away from each other, to disperse ambient sound — effects, music, voices — so that you're fully immersed in whatever scene is playing out on-screen.
Midrange and lower frequencies are handled by a single 5-1/4" woofer. A rear-firing port gives the speaker a little extra bass oomph.
Versatile mounting options
When it comes to surround speakers, placement is important. The Motion FX offers multiple mounting options to suit a variety of rooms and configurations. Conventional wall-mounting is easy with the supplied hardware. Plus, the back sides are angled at 45 degrees to allow for wall/wall corner mounting or wall/ceiling mounting.
- wide-dispersion design with dual tweeters and a single woofer
- dual 1" x 1.4" Folded Motion tweeters for exceptional detail with low distortion
- 5-1/4" paper cone woofer
- Folded Bass Reflex Port design for enhanced bass output
- frequency response: 74-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended power: 20-160 watts
- convenient push-style speaker binding posts (also compatible with banana plugs)
- versatile on-wall mounting options including corner-mounting
- voice-matched to MartinLogan's Motion series tower, bookshelf, and center channel speakers
- 12"W x 11-1/8"H x 6"D
- weight: 5 kgs.