Martin Logan Motion 40XT
Brand Martin Logan
These speakers will get your attention for the all the right reasons
MartinLogan may be known for their innovative electrostatic speakers. But they know a few things about more conventional designs, too. Their Motion 40 speaker is proof, offering sublime high-end detail, smooth midrange accuracy, and deep bass extension. These beautiful speakers offer wide-open sound that seems to breathe with clarity and depth. The Motion series caught our attention when MartinLogan played them for us at a recent demonstration. We're anxious to hear more from the Motion 40. A lot more.
Detail and precision from the Folded Motion™ tweeter
Perched above the Motion 40's midrange woofer is the source of this speaker's impressive high-frequency performance — MartinLogan's innovative Folded Motion tweeter. Its pleated diaphragm works similarly to an accordion by "squeezing" air to create sound. Because it requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, response time is drastically reduced along with distortion. The diaphragm's increased surface area also provides wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and highly accurate soundstage.
The Motion 40 speakers excel at delivering airy high-end detail.
A solid mid- and low-frequency foundation
Glorious high-end transparency is just part of the Motion 40's story. A 5-1/2" woofer keeps those crucial midrange frequencies warm and neutral, so vocals sound almost as if the singer were in the room. What about the bass? Two 6-1/2" woofers ensure the Motion 40 goes plenty low. These oversized drivers increase low-frequency output, making sure bass response isn't an afterthought or left for a subwoofer to worry about. The rear-firing bass port helps efficiently enhance bass response without adding distortion to this speaker's clean performance.
All that and looks too
MartinLogan knows how to catch ears and eyes. The Motion 40 comes in your choice of Gloss Black or Black Cherrywood finishes. The cabinet features an angled top and soft corners, making it stand out from the typical box-shaped tower speaker. Removable spiked feet offer stability while preserving this speaker's natural sound.
- Folded Motion™ tweeter for high output levels and low distortion
- one 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange woofer
- two 6-1/2" aluminum cone low-frequency woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet
- rear-firing bass port for enhanced low-frequency response
- high-performance Vojtko™ crossover network with custom air core coil, low DCR steel laminate inductors, polyester film capacitors, and low DF electrolytic capacitors
- frequency response: 40-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-300 watts
- perforated magnetic grille
- Gloss Black finish
- includes removable floor spikes
- five-way binding post speaker terminals (bi-amp/bi-wire capable)
- 7-9/16"W x 41-1/2"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 23 kgs.
- warranty: 5 years (with product registration)