Ultra-Slim 7.2ch AV Receiver with 3D Audio and Online Music Streaming
The Marantz NR1710 7.2ch 4k Ultra HD AV receiver drives immersive, high-fidelity audio from a compact chassis. At half the height of a traditional AV receiver, the NR1710 supports multi-dimensional audio formats Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X. Enjoy your extensive music collection with support for Hi-Res formats, a front-panel USB and phono equalizer to connect your turntable. Stream music from leading music services and control the NR1710 with voice control compatibility via Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri. Eight HDMI inputs — including one on the front panel — support the latest video and picture formatting and eARC transmission of enhanced audio.
- Slim profile that’s half the height of a traditional AV receiver delivers exceptional performance and sound quality
- 7-channel discrete power amplifier, 50W per channel
- 8-HDMI inputs — including one on the front panel — with full HDCP 2.3 support
- Supports Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG), eARC and ALLM for enhanced picture and audio
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR10 and BT.2020
- Immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X
- ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless file decoding up to 24-bit/192-kHz for high-resolution listening
- HEOS Built-in for multi-room streaming
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support (dual antenna)
- Supports all major voice control agents and streaming services for seamless control
- Integrated phono input to directly connect your turntable
Enjoy the most musical sonic performance from a compact, slim chassis. At half the height of a traditional AVR, the NR1710 delivers the most musical sound that’s synonymous with Marantz.
Powerful 7-Channel Discrete Amplifier
Featuring a high-current discrete power amplifier section, enjoy exceptional sound for movies and music. Identical power on all seven channels (50W per channel) with low-impedance drive capability for superb speaker control.
The Most Musical Sound
Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. No component leaves the hands of Marantz sound masters until it passes rigorous testing. Envelop yourself with the most musical sound, for any source.
Immersive Surround Sound
Transform the home cinema experience with immersive surround sound. The NR1710 supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X.
Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers, delivering dramatic overhead effects for truly enveloping audio – including Dolby Surround upmixer for legacy content.
For those without in-ceiling or upward firing speakers in their system, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology simulates the Atmos experience with forward facing-drivers. Configure up to five speakers to replicate the effect of two in-ceiling speakers, or utilize all seven channels to simulate the powerful effect of four overhead speakers.
DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included spatial remapping engine of DTS Neural:X™ offers improved immersion and heightened realism in all your favourite movies.
DTS Virtual:X provides immersive audio without height channels, creating virtual height effects in a 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 speaker arrangement.
Connectivity, Streaming & Multi-Room Listening
Stream the most popular music services — like Spotify, Deezer, Tidal and many more — via Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 or the HEOS app.
Utilize HEOS Built-in multi-room streaming or AirPlay 2 technology to enjoy your favourite music in any room of your home for a wireless, whole-home audio experience. Play the same song in every room or select a different song in each connected room — the choice is yours.
As an optional configuration, you can also enjoy 5.2 channel surround sound in your home theatre and simultaneously play stereo sound from another source in a separate room. Simply connect a pair of speakers to the multi-room amplified outputs or hook up an additional stereo amp and speakers to the Zone 2 pre-outs.
AirPlay 2 + Apple Siri Voice Control
Stream audio from your favourite music services like Apple Music and Spotify or watch videos from services like YouTube and Netflix on any iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple TV and hear the audio perfectly synced to your speakers from AirPlay 2 sources.
For multi-room audio, wirelessly stream content to multiple AirPlay 2 compatible devices simultaneously with improved audio buffering to ensure smooth audio playback. AirPlay 2 provides control and grouping of compatible audio devices within the Apple Music or Home app. Use AirPlay 2 in-app or with your voice via Siri.
Amazon Alexa Voice Control
Use your voice to stream your favourite music services to this HEOS Built-in device. Ask Alexa to play music from Tidal, Spotify, Amazon Music and much more. Switch between inputs (Blu-ray, DVD, Media Player, etc.), turn volume up or down, pause, mute and play the next song — all with your voice.
With HEOS and Alexa, you can stream to this product and any other product with HEOS Built-in.
Google Assistant Voice Control
Ask your Google Home, Google app or other devices with Google Assistant built-in to control content across your listening environment. Start music in the HEOS app, then ask your Google Assistant to control volume, play, pause, skip tracks and more.
Hi-Res Audio Support
Enjoy music exactly as the artist intended. The NR1710 decodes hi-res audio ALAC, FLAC and WAV lossless files up to 24-bit/192-kHz, as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD).
Integrated Phono Input
Easily connect your analogue turntable to the receiver and enjoy the pure intent of each recording within your vinyl collection.
Marantz AVR Remote App
The Marantz AVR Remote app for iOS and Android provides complete control over the latest Marantz network AV receivers. Use it to power on/off, adjust volume, input and settings, or switch instantly to the HEOS app.
Latest HDMI Connectivity
Includes eight HDMI inputs — with one HDMI input on the front panel for quick connection — each one supporting HDCP 2.3, 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, Dolby Vision, HLG, High Dynamic Range (HDR10) and BT.2020 pass-through. eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. HDMI inputs automatically rename themselves with information provided by the source.
Auto Low Latency Mode for Xbox One
Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) ensures Xbox One users have a more responsive and immersive gaming experience when connected with select TV models that also support ALLM.
Easy to Setup, Easy to Use
The NR1710 features a horizontal row of colour-coded, premium loudspeaker terminals with a set of matching cable-labels supplied to ensure correct hook-up. The included Setup Assistant offers clear, graphical on-screen direction, and the Quick Start Guide ensures optimal setup for any configuration.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
Supports dual subwoofers for even, low-frequency bass response within your listening environment. Enjoy accurate bass with no audible peaks or dips no matter where you place your subwoofer.
Smart TV Connectivity
Easily control the receiver with your Smart TV remote via the HDMI CEC functionality associated with your Smart TV. Simply set “HDMI Control” to ON in your receiver, then set “Smart Menu” to ON to begin controlling the NR1710 with your TV remote. The Smart Menu home screen gives you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR setup menu and four Smart Selects.
Audyssey MultEQ for Simple Setup and Room Calibration
Optimize your audio experience with Audyssey MultEQ, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ for seamless setup of your listening environment. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ analyzes each speaker output (including the subwoofer) and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Use Audyssey Dynamic EQ to deliver clear dialogue and wide-band response even at reduced volume levels, or Audyssey Dynamic Volume to avoid shocks and normalize volume when content switches between commercials, announcements and TV programs.
Audyssey MultEQ Editor App
The NR1710 supports the brand-new Audyssey MultEQ Editor App. Go “under the hood” to view and adjust settings for detailed tuning, customize the sound more precisely to the specific problems in your room, and tailor the sound to your personal preferences, including:
- View the speaker detection results to check correct installation
- View before and after results of the Audyssey calibration, making it easy to identify room problems
- Edit the Audyssey target curve for each channel pair to suit your tastes
- Adjust the EQ frequency range for each channel pair
- Switch between two high-frequency roll-off target curves
- Enable/disable midrange compensation to make the vocal region brighter or smoother
- Save and load calibration results
The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app, for Android and iOS, is available for purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
Simple Smart Select Functions
Four Smart Select function buttons on the included remote control store your preferred setup — including input, volume and Audyssey configuration — for particular sources. With the push of a button, the receiver perfectly configures for any source, from Blu-ray to TV set-top box, to your favorite Internet radio station and more.
Intelligent ECO Mode
Integrated ECO mode provides energy savings and an on-screen ECO meter. Use the receiver in power-saving mode to reduce maximum output power or adopt low-power strategies across settings. Either way, the sound quality that defines Marantz excellence remains unchanged.
More Than 65 Years of Audiophile Heritage
The most musical sound. Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters, the NR1710 carries on the long Marantz tradition of delivering a best-in-class listening experience for music and cinema.
- Design: 7.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
- Power Output: 50 Watts per channel into 8 ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.08% THD, with 2 channels driven.
- 70 Watts per channel into 6 ohms (1000Hz) at 0.7% THD, with 2 channels driven.
- Processing: Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, Pro Logic IIz and DTS Neo:6
- DTS:X for an immersive, 3-dimensional soundstage
- HEOS Technology: Built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS speakers for whole home audio
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Video Upconversion: One HDMI cable (up to 1080p and 4K) for analogue and HDMI sources
- Audyssey MultEQ speaker calibration and system optimisation includes
- Six-point auto setup and room calibration system (microphone included)
- Dynamic Volume mode to keep listening levels steady
- Dynamic EQ for fuller sound at lower listening levels
Digital Music Options
- Built-in Wi-Fi: Enjoy music from a networked PC, free Internet radio and music services
- Includes support for Pandora and free Internet radio streams with vTuner (subscription required for some services)
- Spotify Connect lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Built-in Apple AirPlay: Makes for ultra-convenient iTunes music playback
- Direct Digital Connection: Connect your iPod/iPhone via the front-panel USB port
- Bypasses your player's digital-to-analogue converter (DAC) for better sound
- Ethernet Port: Stream your music from a wired PC network and control via a PC
- M-DAX2 (Marantz Dynamic Audio eXpander): Experience better sound from MP3s and other digital music files
- DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance): The Receiver is certified to ensure optimal compatibility with other network-enabled equipment
- Hi-Res Music: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution; DSD up to 5.6 MHz)
- Bluetooth Output: Yes
- Dual Zone/Dual Source output
- Power Amp Assign: This function lets you use the surround back speaker outputs for a second room while enjoying 5.1 or 5.2 channel sound in the main room
- Pre-Amplifier Output: Line-level stereo audio output for 2nd room
- HDMI 2.0b Audio/Video Switching: 8 x Inputs (Includes 1 x front-panel input), 1 x output
- HDCP 2.2 technology ensures compatibility with 4K Ultra HD sources and TVs (All HDMI inputs and monitor out)
- HDR-compatible for extended picture contrast and brightness with compatible 4K TVs and HDR-encoded content
- Audio Return Channel: This function receives digital audio signals from a compatible HDTV's tuner via HDMI
- Component Video Switching: 2 x inputs, 1 x output)
- Composite Video Switching: 3 x inputs, 1 x output)
- Digital Audio Inputs: 1 x Optical and 1 x Coaxial
- Pre-Amplifier Output: 1 x stereo pair
- Subwoofer Outputs: Connect one or two powered subwoofers.
- Turntable Input: No Phono/Turntable input and that's a good thing as the inbuilt circuits are mostly awful!
- To connect a turntable you'll need to add a phono preamplifier and a set of RCA Cables
- 2 x Front Speaker outputs; 1 x Centre Speaker output; 2 x Surround Speaker outputs; 2 x Surround Back Speaker outputs.
- Surround Back speakers can be reassigned for Zone 2, Front Height, Front B, or bi-amping compatible front speakers
- Speaker Terminals: Use banana plugs or bare wire.
- On-Screen Display: Intuitive, full colour and makes for easier system setup and operation.
- Setup Wizard: Guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Tuner: AM/FM with 56 AM/FM presets - far too many!
- Remote Control: System remote included
- Download the free Marantz AVR Remote app that lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 440 x 105 x 375mm
- Nett Weight: 8.6kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 Years