Lindemann LIMETREE USB-DAC
A D/A converter which can handle the highest resolutions and soundwise plays quite on top?
No problem! The Limetree USB-DAC is an ultimate quality digital-to-analog converter that is also equipped with an analog volume control and a headphone amplifier. The rotary knob control and the included remote make it the ideal partner for music playback on a PC or Mac.
For this purpose it’s simply connected to a USB port or a notebook or desktop computer with a USB cable, thereby replacing the internal soundcard of the respective device. That way the sound quality of the music playback can be raised to the level of even the finest (and most often considerably higher priced) hi-fi components. The Limetree USB-DAC can be used as a stand-alone headphone amplifier, but at the same time it may also serve as a preamp for active loudspeakers or power amplifiers.
- Technologically the USB-DAC is way up front: just like the highly acclaimed Limetree NETWORK II, it has the excellent Hyperstream-II converter ES9038 on board which is able to realize ultra high resolutions up to DSD 512 and PCM 768 kHz – with a phantastic open and natural sound image.
- The supplied IR remote allows not only to set the volume level or select the input, but also e.g. to navigate through playlists on your computer.
- The USB-B input of the USB-DAC supports the connection of a PC or Mac via USB Audio Class II. Two digital S/PDIF inputs enable the connection of digital sources such as CD drives or TV receivers.
- As an extra feature the Limetree USB-DAC provides an analog volume control based on an integrated resistor network. The otherwise customary digital volume control has been waived completely. In particular with medium and low volume levels this solution delivers more detail and body.
- The headphone amp of the Limetree USB-DAC features a powerful output stage which can drive headphones with 16 - 300 ohms of impedance. Both metrologically and in terms of sound the built-in amplifier is absolute top class!
- The analog line-level output allows to connect power amps or active loudspeakers.
The circuitry and above all the component selection of the Limetree USB-DAC have been optimized down to the smallest detail to offer ultimate sound characteristics.
All music files are re-clocked by means of an ultra precise FemtoClock: the thus processed data are free from “jitter“, the most frequent cause for poor digital playback quality. The sound is airy, natural and follows the recording in the best sense. For the output stage we use one of the finest amplifier modules on the market which sets benchmarks as a headphone amplifier in terms of sound.
For the power supply we use a high-quality “medical grade“ mains adapter to ensure a very high decoupling from any mains interference. Together with the elaborate filtering in the device and special voltage regulators an extremely trouble-free power supply with noise values below 10 µV is achieved.
|Power consumption||0.1 W standby, 3 W operation
|Supply voltage||5 V DC|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||(W x H x D): 107 x 40 x 107 mm (4.2 x 1.6 x 4.2 in.)|
|Weight||292 g (10.3 oz.)|
|Sample rates||PCM up to 768 kHz, DSD up to DSD512|
|Dynamic range||> 120 dB|
|THD & noise||< 0.003 % (@ 0 dB FS)|
|Clock||ultra low jitter MEMS FemtoClock|
|D/A converter||ES 9038 Sabre DAC|
|DAC filter||minimum phase slow roll-off filter|
|Output voltage||2.0 V @ 0 dB FS|
|Volume level control range||80 dBs in 1-dB steps|
|Headphone connection||3.5 mm (1/8“) jack socket|
|Recommended headphone impedance||16-300 ohms|