Klipsch SPL-120 Subwoofer
With its 300-Watt amplifier, 12" aluminium cone woofer and slotted front port the Klipsch SPL-120 is a bass monster capable of filling large home theatre rooms.
Boom, boom shake the room! The Klipsch SPL-120 features a front-firing 305mm (12") spun-copper Cerametallic woofer that is exceptionally light yet extremely rigid, while providing remarkably low frequency response with minimal cone breakup and distortion. It is powered by an all-digital 300-Watt RMS (600-Watt Peak) amplifier for dynamic bass performance. The built-in all-digital amplifier delivers ample power with high efficiency and true-to-source accuracy in reproduction. All of this is housed in a durable MDF cabinet and finished with a brushed black polymer veneer. The MDF enclosure is rigid and protects against unwanted vibration and distortion. There is a front-firing slot port with proprietary internal geometry to minimise port noise for clean undistorted low frequencies. The advantage with this highly efficient enclosure design is that it produces more output using less energy.
The level control, low pass crossover, and phase control allow you to blend the powered subwoofer's low-frequency tones with your system's other speakers, as well as establish the ideal level of bass.
- Level Control: The level control adjusts the subwoofer's volume relative to the rest of your system. After the subwoofers level control has been set, the volume control of your home theatre receiver will be the volume control for both the Klipsch powered subwoofer and your other loudspeakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable lowpass crossover is adjustable from 40-160Hz. The crossover point chosen determines where low bass frequencies are "crossed over" from your system's loudspeakers to the Klipsch SPL-120 subwoofer. Set the crossover point based on the size of your systems' main left/right speakers.
- Phase Control: This control is used to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers. Select the position either 0˚ or 180˚ in which your subwoofer has more output at the listening position.
LFE/RCA Inputs: The Klipsch SPL-120 powered subwoofer is equipped with a pair of line-level RCA-type inputs to connect the sub to your receiver or integrated amplifier.
- LFE Input: Most of today's AV receivers have a line-level low frequency effects (LFE) subwoofer output. If your receiver has an LFE output, connect one end of a subwoofer cable (sold separately) to this output and connect the other end of the cable into the powered subwoofer's line-level input labelled "LEFT/LFE". Set the powered sub's built-in crossover to "LFE" with this type of connection.
- Stereo Input: In absence of a subwoofer (LFE) output on your receiver, as an alternative hook-up, you can connect Left & Right channel pre-amp outputs from the receiver to both the "Left/LFE" and "Right" inputs on the powered subwoofer.
The Klipsch powered subwoofer is fitted with a proprietary 4-pin "WA-Port" connector for wireless operation, using Klipsch's optional WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit (sold separately). The Klipsch WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit consists of two components; a wireless Transmitter & wireless Receiver. The WA-2 wireless subwoofer kit makes adding the Klipsch powered subwoofer to your home theatre system much easier, because it replaces the need for a separate subwoofer cable that traditionally must be connected between the receiver and the powered sub. Now, you can easily place your powered subwoofer where it both sounds and looks best in the room since you're not restricted by an audio cable.
Use Inputs Simultaneously: Both the RCA and wireless inputs can be utilized, giving you the ability to use a single subwoofer with multiple system in the same room. For example, you can use the wireless input for your home theatre set up and the RCA input for your 2-channel system, without needing to switch inputs when changing between systems.
Auto Power On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn on when it senses an audio signal. It will automatically go into "Standby mode" after 15-20 minutes with no audio signal. You can also choose to turn the powered sub On or Off manually from the rear-switch on the back.
Placement: Klipsch powered subwoofers are designed to reproduce deep bass and deliver the impact that makes your movies and music come alive. For optimum performance, place your subwoofer in a corner of the room on the same wall as your front channel speakers. Please note that room placement can have a dramatic effect on the performance of your subwoofer. Corner placement, as suggested above, will increase the amount of bass output, while placing the subwoofer along the middle of a wall, or out in the room will decrease the amount of bass output.
- Power Output: 300 Watt RMS amplifier (600 Watts peak power)
- Driver: 1 x 305mm (12") front-firing Cerametallic cone woofer
- Front Slot Port: Includes internal flare technology for reduced turbulence and flexible installation
- Frequency Response: 24-125 Hz
- Crossover: Variable low-pass
- Phase Switch: Allows you to fine-tune the subwoofer to your main speakers and room
- Inputs: Line level/LFE (low frequency effects) input
- Auto Power On/Off: Switches off after a period of non-use
- Wireless Option: Compatible with the Klipsch WA-2 wireless audio adapter kit for an easy connection to a sound system
- Enclosure: Durable MDF cabinet finished with brushed black polymer veneer
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 374 x 451 x 506mm
- Nett Weight: 20.4kg
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 5 years woofer, 2 years amplifier