The Denon AVR-X3600H AV receiver features a powerful Class A/B power amplifier section equipped with discrete high current power transistors. This discrete amplifier design delivers optimum realism and stunning dynamic range making it able to easily drive high quality speakers. The AV receiver's 9 channel Class A/B amplifier is rated at 105 Watts into 8 Ohms, at 20-20kHz, with just 0.05% THD, driving 2 channels.
Built-In Bluetooth, Wi-Fi And AirPlay: With all the various devices we use to play music, the hardest part can be playing them all with ease. The AVR-X3600H makes this process quick and very easy. Many new portable devices are equipped with Bluetooth wireless connectivity and the AVR-X3600H's built-in Bluetooth wireless technology lets you stream your favourite audio tracks from up to 8 Bluetooth enabled devices, such as smartphones, portable audio players and tablets. With the built-in Wi-Fi wireless technology, the AVR-X3600H connects to the internet through your home network, opening up a world of music from free internet radio stations, as well as streaming subscription services like Spotify via the very latest Spotify Connect scheme.
Note: Although the Receiver has a built-in AM/FM Tuner, reception and sound quality are subject to specific conditions being met by the customer. Some may require additional cost. Click here to read more.
Alexa, Google & Siri Voice Control: Control your 3600 hands-free with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri and your voice. Adjust the volume, skip to the next track, switch inputs for your different media players and more - Just Ask.
Apple AirPlay 2: If you've got music stored on your iPhone, iPad or computer and you're using iTunes, then Apple’s Airplay streaming audio system makes it as simple as pressing “Play” to stream songs to the Denon AVR-X3600H. It's easy to browse and listen, even if you don't have hundreds of gigabytes of digital tunes. Why? Because the X3600H features built-in support for Spotify and other music subscription services as well as free Internet radio and DLNA-compatibility for networked PCs. That's millions of songs at your fingertips before you've connected your CD or Blu-ray Player.
Note: AirPlay 2 requires a wireless home network and a wired or wireless connection between the receiver and network.
Multi-Room Music With Built-In HEOS Technology
Enjoy your music anywhere in your home. This is no longer difficult or expensive to do. With built-in HEOS technology, the AVR-X3600H can be easily integrated into a superb wireless multi-room audio system. Stream music to any of the various HEOS wireless speakers in different rooms and control each room's speakers independently with the free HEOS app. The HEOS app for Apple iOS & Android OS lets you control playback, browse music sources, and select which rooms you want to use. Play the same music throughout your home, or listen to something different in each room. You can play music from your own personal library, internet radio, and popular streaming services like Pandora, Spotify and Tidal, just to name a few. Also works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri providing cutting-edge voice control and incredible sound for all of your home entertainment.
Enjoy Music In A Second Room & Connect A Second TV: With all of the listening choices you get with the AVR-X3600H, it only makes sense to spread your music beyond the boundaries of your living room. If you're happy with 5.2.2 -channel surround sound in your home theatre rather than the full 7.2.2 option, just assign the unused surround back channels to a pair of speakers in a second zone. Then you can enjoy music in a different room, or even outdoors, while others watch a movie with surround sound in the main room. A second HDMI output lets you watch the same video source in your main zone and a second room. Start a movie in your living room and finish it in your bedroom or kitchen. Or watch the same content on a TV and projector in the same room.
Next Generation Video Formats
The AVR-X3600H supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) video format. It is even ready for Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma). Dolby Vision transforms the viewing experiences with astonishing brightness, contrast, and colour. HLG offers HDR technology over broadcast content.
Latest HDMI Connectivity; HDCP 2.3 Compatible; ISF-Certified: Equipped with 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, along with dual HDMI outputs, the AVR-X3600H incorporates an advanced video processor that features support for 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The AVR-X3600H also features the latest HDCP 2.3 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. And, the video processor can also upscale SD and HD video to 4K UHD. Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AVR-X3600H features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician which we can arrange), along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes.
Immersive Surround Sound
The Denon AVR-X3600H receiver goes beyond regular surround with the latest immersive surround sound formats - like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Surround and DTS:X.
Dolby Atmos: Dolby Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favour of more advanced object-based coding, giving the soundtrack designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AVR-X3600H that lets you connect a 7.1 or 7.2 surround sound speaker system and either two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation or height speakers for the ultimate home theatre experience.
Dolby Surround: Dolby Surround offers an enhanced cinema experience to your 2 channel and multichannel movie soundtracks using your existing 5.1 or 7.1 channel or Dolby Atmos speaker setup. Dolby Surround enhances audio definition by improving the spatial dimension and overall audio definition of movie soundtracks. It does this by using four distinct surround zones that provide greater control over the exact placement of each detail in a movie sound track, so audio can be matched more accurately to the video on screen; this means more depth and greater realism for your movies. As a result, individual sounds are clearer and more distinct. It also improves the surround sound experience across the entire theatre by widening the listening "sweet spot."
DTS:X: The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X features object-based audio coding that lets the soundtrack designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. Along with DTS:X decoding, the AVR-X3600H features DTS-HD Master Audio decoding and other DTS audio technologies.
Remote App: The new Denon AVR Remote App lets you control the Denon AV receiver using your Apple or Android device. From this free app on your compatible Apple iOS or Android device, you'll be able to control the Denon AV receiver's basic functions; such as power, volume, input, surround modes, and other settings. You'll also be able to control separate Zones of the receiver, as well as navigate the AV receiver's network and Internet content from the app. In addition, you get unique features likes a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, the ability to create playlists, and control over a Denon Blu-ray player.
Landscape Orientation Control Screen: With a landscape orientation control screen for tablet devices, you can easily browse and navigate through your network music services or personal digital music collection with ease, and at the same time view now-playing information and cover art all on a single screen.
Create Playlists: The app's playback screen allows you to easily build your own personal music playlists on the fly with the ability to Drag & Drop files into your queue, or tap to "Play Now", "Play Next", "Play Next and Replace Queue" or "Add to End of Queue". You can then save your queue as a playlist for easy recall.
Simple Set-Up and Easy To Use: Denon's home theatre receivers continue to get easier to set up and control. Their full-colour on-screen display uses lots of graphics so it's easy and fun to navigate so you won't spend hours delving into the instruction manual! When you first start, you'll have the Setup Assistant to guide you through connections and settings, so you can get your system up and running quickly. It will also help you run the built-in Audyssey automatic speaker calibration system, which tailors the receiver's settings to your specific room and speakers. This helps deliver well-balanced surround sound.
Tip: Once you're set up, be sure to download the free Denon Remote app for your Apple or Android smartphone. It's the simplest and most intuitive way to control your receiver via your home Wi-Fi network.
- Design: 9.2 Channel Home Theatre Receiver
- What’s New In The AVR-X3600 (vs the AVR-X3500)
- More Channels: 9.2 vs 7.2
- More Channel Processing: 11.2 vs 7.2
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization is now included
- IMAX Enhanced is now included
- Newer HDCP Version: 2.3 vs 2.2
- More Analog Pre-Outs: 11.2 vs 7.2
- More Speaker Terminals: 11 vs 7
- Bigger Power Supply: 660 W vs 600 W
- Newer Bluetooth Version: 4.1 vs 3.0 + EDR
- Stereo Power Output: 105 Watts per channel into 8 Ohms (20-20kHz) at 0.05% THD 2 channels driven
- Surround Sound: Dolby and DTS surround sound decoding
- Dolby Atmos Processing: For use with in-ceiling or "height" speakers for more enveloping surround sound; compatible with 7, 9, 11 or Channel setups - 11 Channel systems will require additional external stereo power amplifiers (sold separately)
- Up-conversion: Analogue-to-HDMI video up-conversion
- Upscales standard-definition video signals to HD and Ultra HD (up to 4K)
- HEOS: Built-in HEOS technology wirelessly connects compatible HEOS components for whole home audio
- Free HEOS app offers easy Wi-Fi control, settings adjustments, and music selection and playback
- Speaker Calibration: Audyssey "Platinum" speaker calibration and system optimisation
- MultEQ XT32: This advanced auto setup and room calibration uses high-resolution digital processing filters to deliver balanced, dynamic sound to as many as 8 listening positions. This is expandable to 32 positions by our professional installer
- DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion): DSX optimises "front height" or "front width" speakers to create a larger soundstage with more engaging surround effects
- Dynamic Volume: This anticipates loud sounds to keep volume levels more even
- Dynamic EQ: Improves dialogue, bass response, and surround channel levels at lower volumes
- Sub EQ HT: Provides individual calibration for dual subwoofers, for even and better bass response throughout your room
- Low Frequency Containment: Great feature that reduces the amount of bass that passes through your walls and into other rooms ... or even your neighbour's place
Digital and Streaming Music Options
- Wi-Fi: This built-in feature allows listening to music from a networked PC, free Internet radio and music services
- Music Streaming: Includes support for free Internet radio streams with vTuner
- Spotify Connect: This lets you play Spotify's streaming music library through the receiver via your smartphone or tablet (requires Spotify app and a premium subscription)
- Bluetooth: This built-in feature allows for wireless music listening with smartphones, tablets and compatible computers
- Apple AirPlay: Got iTunes? Perfect for streaming music from an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or computer running iTunes
- Music Files: Plays high-resolution digital music files via USB storage device or a networked computer (PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit resolution; DSD up to 2.8MHz .dsf files)
- DLNA Certified: This feature allows for streaming music with compatible devices and computers
- Front-Panel USB Input: Connect an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device easily via the front-panel
- Better Sound: The direct digital connection for iPod or iPhone bypasses your device's low-quality digital-to-analogue converter for much better sound
- Compressed Audio Restorer: Denon's Compressed Audio Restorer improves sound quality of MP3s and other digital music files
- Dual-Room/Dual-Source Output
- Amp Assign Function: Lets you use surround back speaker outputs for front height, Zone 2, Front B, or bi-amping front speakers
- Powered And Line-Level Stereo Outputs: These are for a 2nd room and still allow 7.2-channel sound in main room
- HDMI Dual-Zone Switching. For watching video content from different sources in two zones simultaneously
- Supports 2nd Zone Output From Digital Sources
- HDMI: Latest audio/video switching with 7 x rear-panel inputs and 1 x front-panel input; 3 x rear-panel outputs including an eARC & HDCP 2.3 output
- Component Video Switching: 2 x inputs
- Composite Video Switching: 3 x inputs
- Digital Audio Inputs: 2 x optical and 2 x coaxial
- Line Level Inputs: 5 x analogue stereo audio inputs
- Turntable Input: Yes – for Moving Magnet or High Output Moving Coil Cartridges
- Pre-Amp Outputs: Front Channels, Centre, Surrounds, Surround Back, Height 1, Height 2 preamp outputs (total 11)
- Subwoofer Outputs: Includes outputs for 2 powered subwoofers
- Front-Panel USB Input: Connect an iPod, iPhone, or USB memory device easily via the front-panel
- Ethernet Port: Allows for hard-wired Internet/Network connection
- Speaker Outputs: Front Left/Right, Centre, Surround Left/Right, Surround Back Left/Right, Height 1 Left/Right, Height 2 Left/Right. This is a total of 11 speaker outputs. Only 9 speaker outputs can be used at once using the internal amplifier. An extra 2 channel amplifier would need to be added to take full advantage of the 11 channel on board processing.
- Speaker Wire Binding Posts: Allows use of either bare wire or banana plugs. We don't recommend you use spade or pin connectors on the '3600H
- RS-232C Output: For use with external controllers - home control systems.
- Headphone Jack: Full-size (6.5mm) headphone jack on front panel
- Voice Control - Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant & Apple Siri
- Coaxial FM Antenna: 1
- FM Antenna: 1 x T Wire included. (Only useful in strong reception areas). External antenna is best.
- AM Antenna: 1 x Loop Antenna included. (AM reception is subject to interference)
- AM/FM Stereo Tuner: 7 banks of 8 preset stations - 56 in total
- Set-Up Assistant: Guides you through the initial connection process and settings
- Remote App: Free Denon Remote app lets you use your Apple or Android device as a Wi-Fi remote.
- Third Party Control Systems: Supports AMX; Control 4; Crestron & RTI
- Quick Select buttons: 3 - save settings for commonly used sources, like video input and volume level.
- OSD: Full colour On-Screen Display for easier system setup and operation
- Remote Control: Multibrand type - RC1218
- Power Input: 230 Volt - Beware! There are 220 Volt 'grey imports' on the Internet. These are not designed for the Australian market and are not warrantied or even serviced by the local distributor!
- Detachable Power Cord: Allows for upgrade to better quality cord for improved performance
- Power Consumption: 600 Watts.
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 434 x 167 x 389mm - not including allowance for cables, nor wi-fi antennas which add 69mm to height when fully extended
- Nett Weight: 12.1kg