Cambridge Audio AXR85 Integrated Amplifier
The Cambridge Audio AXR85 Stereo Receiver features a powerful amplifier combined with good connectivity including Phono input for a turntable, AM/FM radio and Bluetooth for streaming from a phone or tablet. Save on space and build on convenience and style, with the Cambridge Audio AXR85 stereo receiver.
Packing a powerful amp with Bluetooth connectivity and a quality AM/FM radio, the Cambridge Audio AXR85 is your one-stop solution to all-inclusive stereo playback.
Punchy Performer With Two Sets Of Speaker Outputs: Packing a hefty 85 watts per channel, the AXR85 has enough grunt to fill larger rooms with clean, effortless sound. Twin speaker outlets mean you can have a pair of speakers in another room or spread four speakers around a large, open-plan space.
Your Whole System Connected – Including A Turntable: Featuring a phono input for a turntable with a MM (moving magnet) cartridge, the AXR85 is the perfect amp for a vinyl based system. It doesn’t end there, though. Three RCA phono inputs are ideal for a CD player, streamer, games console and even your TV set-top box. There’s also a 3.5mm AUX input at the front that’s handy for temporary connections – such as an MP3 player or smartphone. For more bass, you can add your choice of active subwoofer via the dedicated output.
Built-In Bluetooth: With Bluetooth built-in, streaming music from your smartphone, tablet or laptop is just a click away. Pair with your device and effortlessly stream your stored music and popular music streaming services such as Spotify, Deezer and Apple Music.
Tune In: Covering all the bases, the Cambridge Audio AXR85 also features a built-in FM/AM radio. With 30 presets, you can quickly call up all your favourite stations. The RDS (Radio Data System) FM tuner displays the radio name and gives other display information.
Sleek New Style: The entire Cambridge AX Series has a fresh new look that catches the eye. The Lunar Grey front panel contrasts with the black top and sides, making it ‘pop’ into crisp focus. The cool white display and logical layout give a timeless style that’s typical of the Cambridge Audio brand. The teardrop profile with wedge foot mirrors the CX Series, showing a strong family link between ranges.
- Design: Stereo AM/FM Receiver with Phono Input & Bluetooth
- Power Output: 2 x 85 Watts (into 8Ω)
- 4 Ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- Front Panel A/B speaker switching for two pairs of speakers
- 3 x RCA Line Level Inputs
- 1 x MM (Moving Magnet) Phono Input for Turntables
- 1 x Front Panel 3.5mm Stereo Aux Input
- Bluetooth: For streaming from a smart phone, tablet or computer
- Bluetooth Compatibility: 5.0 A2DP/AVRCP supporting SBC
- Stereo RCA Record Output
- Mono RCA Subwoofer Output
- Front Panel Full Size 6.35mm Headphone Socket
- Two Pair Binding Post Speaker Connectors
- Amplifier Section
- THD (Unweighted): <0.01% @ 1kHz, 80% of rated power <0.15% 20Hz - 20kHz, 80% of rated power
- Frequency Response (-1DB): 5Hz - 50kHz
- S/N Ratio (REF 1W): >82dB (unweighted)
- Input Impedances: 47k ohms
- Power Amp Damping Factor: >50
- Standby Power Consumption: <0.5W
- Max. Power Consumption: 500W
- Bass/Treble Controls: Shelving, ultimate boost/cut +/- 10dB @ 100Hz and 20kHz
- Subwoofer Output: 200Hz 2nd order L+R Level follows volume setting
- Tuner Section
- Tuner Bands: European AM (522-1629kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz) / US AM (530-1710kHz) FM (87.5-108MHz)
- Aerial Inputs: FM 75 ohms, Coaxial. AM 300 ohms wire loop/ single wire
- Signal To Noise (Tuner): 60dB typical (FM)
- Distortion (Tuner): <0.4% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM mono) <0.6% @ 1kHz 50kHz deviation (FM stereo)
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 110 x 340mm
- Weight: 8.1kg