Bowers & Wilkins PX7 Wireless
The B&W PX7’s take over-ear headphone comfort and sound quality to the next level. They feature wireless Bluetooth, noise cancellation, solid comfortable construction, attractive design and that natural, well balanced sound B&W are renowned for.
The 43.6mm drivers in the PX7 are the largest in B&W’s headphone collection, built and tuned by the same engineers behind the Bowers & Wilkins 800 Series Diamond speakers used in Abbey Road Studios. And the battery life of 30 hours is impressive. You can do a whole lot of listening in 30 hours. Fly from Melbourne to Tokyo and back, with time to spare. See every band at the festival, twice. Listen uninterrupted on a single battery charge. And if that’s not enough, a 15-minute quick charge gets you five more hours. Inspired by race cars, the woven carbon fibre composite arms of the PX7 mimic the strength and agility of the fastest vehicles in the world, channeling pure sound to you and holding up against everyday wear and tear. Throw them in your bag and get ready to jump into sound.
The PX7 can play music streamed wirelessly from your mobile phone, tablet or computer via Bluetooth, or conventionally connected by a cable to a suitable analogue headphone output. PX7 can also play audio via a USB connection from a computer and can be used for wireless phone calls. The PX7s real world listening features include the latest innovations in Adaptive Noise Cancellation, Ambient Pass-Through and enhanced Wear Sensing technologies.
This latest generation noise cancellation was designed from the ground up with intelligent environment sensing capabilities, automatically selecting the appropriate type of noise cancellation best suited to your surrounding environment, its only goal is to deliver an uncompromised listening experience.
Ambient Pass-Through enables external sounds, such as conversation or safety announcements, to be heard clearly without any need to remove the headphones.
The Wear Sensing feature enables PX7 to respond naturally, pausing and resuming the music simply by lifting either earpiece on or off your ear. These features can be enabled and further customised via the Bowers & Wilkins Headphone App available for free on iOS and Android devices.
PX7 incorporates a rechargeable battery pack. When fully charged, depending on the degree of Bluetooth, Adaptive Noise Cancellation and Ambient Pass- through use, the battery pack can provide up to 30 hours of continuous wireless media streaming with noise cancellation enabled at average playback volume levels.
Adaptive Noise Cancellation: Noise cancellation uses a series of advanced technologies that aids in removing undesired noise from the surrounding environment. PX7 features B&W’s latest innovations in adaptive noise cancellation. This includes intelligent sensing that adapts noise cancellation and tuning best suited to your surrounding environment. As your surroundings change, noise cancellation will auto adapt to complement your new environment.
The Noise Cancellation button on the left earpiece is used to cycle between the following modes:
- High: Suitable for consistently noisy environments such in an airplane cabin.
- Low: Suitable for environments where you need awareness of your surroundings.
- Auto: Intelligently adapts noise cancellation best suited to your current environment.
- Off: Turns off the noise cancellation feature.
Ambient Pass-Through: PX7 features ambient pass-through which lets some external noise from the surrounding environment, such as safety announcements or conversations, to be heard without taking the headphones off. The Noise Cancellation button on the left earpiece also controls this feature, while the level of ambient pass-through can be further customised to suite your needs using the Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App.
Wear Sensors: PX7 incorporates B&W’s latest enhanced wear detection sensors in both earpieces, enabling intelligent battery conservation by entering standby when removed from the head. When worn again, PX7 automatically wakes and connects to the last connected Bluetooth device. During media playback, PX7 will auto pause when either earpiece is lifted from the ear. Playback will auto resume when the earpiece is placed back on the ear. Wear sensor and standby can be further adjusted using the Bowers & Wilkins Headphones App.
Setting Up PX7 with the App: The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones app provides extended setup and adjustments to features such as Adaptive Noise Cancellation, Ambient Pass-Through, and Wear Sensors. The app also provides further customisations such as voice prompt, standby time, connection management and headphone software updates. The app is available as a free download on iOS and Android devices.
Headphone Software Updates: Bowers & Wilkins will occasionally make available software updates that refine and optimise the performance of your headphones or add new features. The Bowers & Wilkins Headphones app will notify you when a software update is available, just tap on the notification and the follow in-app instructions.
Auxiliary Connection: In addition to Bluetooth, the PX7 can also connect to audio sources using the supplied 3.5mm audio or USB cables.
- Connecting with the 3.5mm Audio Cable: The 3.5mm audio cable enables the PX7 to be used with a device supporting an analogue output such as a conventional headphone socket on smartphones or tablets, or a traditional hi-fi system.
- Connecting with the USB Cable: USB connection enables the PX7 to function as a USB sound output device when connected to a capable computer.
- Design: Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones
- Technical Features
- Adaptive Noise Cancellation
- Ambient Pass-Through
- Wear-Detection Sensor
- Bluetooth® audio - Bluetooth 5.0 with aptX Adaptive USB-C charging & audio interface
- 3.5mm auxiliary audio interface
- Bluetooth Codecs
- Adaptive aptX HD
- aptX Classic
- Bluetooth Profiles
- A2DP v1.3.1
- AVRCP v1.6.1
- HFP v1.7.1
- HSP v1.2
- BLE GATT (Generic Attribute Profile)
- Drive Units: 2 x 43.6mm diameter full range drivers
- 4x mics for ANC
- 2x mics for telephony (CVC2 – Clear Voice Communication v2)
- Frequency Range: 10Hz to 30kHz
- Input Impedance: 20 kOhms
- Distortion (THD): <0.3% (1kHz/10mW)
- Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium Polymer
- Battery Life & Charging: 30 hrs Bluetooth with ANC, 5hrs with 15min charge
- Inputs: Bluetooth, 3.5mm stereo jack, USB-C audio
- Supplied Accessories: 1.2m stereo audio cable, 1.2m USB-A to USB-C cable, Storage Case
- Weight: 310 grams