Arcam SA10, CDS50, Definitive Technologies Demand D9
Brand Miranda Hi-Fi
The design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies, to produce Arcam’s best performing range of audio products yet – using the best quality components and engineering practices, the HDA range is designed and built to give you years of listening enjoyment.
A singer’s sharp intake of breath before hitting the chorus, a guitarist’s fingers sliding against the strings – it’s those seemingly minor details that can bring music to life. Fish out one of your all-time favourite albums and play it through a Bluetooth speaker, and guess what? Its sounds like a Bluetooth speaker. Play it through the SA10, and it’s as close to hearing the artist’s performance as you’re likely to get. There’s always joy in digging out an old recording you haven’t heard in years. With the HDA range, it’ll feel like hearing it for the first time.
- Extremely efficient class A/B amplification
- 50W of power per channel
- 5 analogue inputs including phono
- 3 digital inputs
- 32-bit DAC - Sabre ESS9016K2M
- Full I/P control
- Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.003%
In a sense, digital audio doesn’t exist. You’d have to be a particularly dull superhero to possess ears that can decode the millions of 1’s and 0’s that make up your CD collection or iTunes library. Whatever the source – be it a laptop, CD player, smartphone, USB stick – the result is just a vibration in your speakers. In other words, it all winds up analogue in the end.
Arguably, when playing from a digital format, the most vital component is the DAC, or Digital to Analogue Converter. We’ll spare you the bulk of the science, but this is what translates that otherwise lifeless binary code into audible sound energy. Bit-depth, meanwhile, is a key measure of audio quality.
So, if you’re listening to a 24-bit WAV copy of your favourite album through a DAC that only converts to 16-bit, there’s a good chunk of detail going to waste right there. That’s why we’ve included 32-bit DACs on the entire HDA range – the most commonly used bit-depth in digital recording – so you’re guaranteed the full aural picture of whatever the artist intended.
- Plays all disc formats, including SACD, CD-A, CD-R and CD-RW
- Supports audio file formats including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, OGG, MP3, AAC and WMA
- USB input
- Superb 32-bit DAC built in
- Streaming through the music life app
- Total harmonic distortion + noise = 0.002%
Definitive Technologies Demand D9
Definitive Technology Demand D9 high-performance bookshelf speakers deliver full-range, room-filling sound and precise imaging in a modern, elegant styling. Featuring technology advancements to both our aluminium dome tweeter and midrange/woofer sections, each speaker delivers an unrivalled sweet spot, smoother high-frequency reproduction, and three-dimensional imaging for the most technically-advanced, premium bookshelf listening experience. Coupled with our new 20/20 Wave Alignment Lens™, our annealed aluminium dome tweeter delivers smoother high frequency response and improved dispersion for a rich and balanced listening experience.
- Height - 29.74 cm
- Width - 16.51 cm
- Depth - 30.4 cm
- 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Polypropylene BDSS Bass - Mid/Woofer
- 1" (2.54 cm) Annealed Aluminium Dome and Laterally Offset - Tweeter
- 5" (12.7 cm) h x 9" (22.86 cm) w (Oval) Passive - Bass Radiator
- Total Frequency Response - 44 Hz → 24,000 Hz
- Nominal Impedance - 8 ohms
- Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter) - 88 dB
- Lower and Upper -3dB Limits - 64 Hz → 22,000 Hz
- 5-Way Binding Posts - Gold Plated
- Mounting Type - 1/4 in - 20 Threaded Insert
- Recommended Amplifier Power Per Channel - 20 watts → 150 watt